View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKKI TIKKI View Post
The Bose L1 PAS system has its drawbacks ( mainly in long divided areas), but when it comes to the weight, consider that your amplifier is built into the base of the "stick" (24 of the tiny acoustimass speakers ) that weighs just about 65 lbs assembled. For the 3 small venues ( 40 - 50 seats) and the other 2 medium size ( 70 - 80 seats ) venues that I perform in right now, the one L1 system with dbl base units is more than adequate ( I'm using about 60% power, in a crowded bar with horrible acoustics). I have done private parties in banquet halls of 300-400 seats, and outside where I get to use most of the capabilities of the system, and the client has yet to be disappointed!

If you are a mobile KJ that is getting up in years like I am ( 57 ), then you are probably looking for an "easy on the back" sound system that will have the audience wondering where all the sound is coming from! Go give the Bose system a test drive! They have a 30 day, no questions asked, return policy from your local Guitar Center. Super easy set-up, in less than 10 minutes including wiring connections!

I will be adding a second L1 Model II in the near future, where I will be able to overcome the shortlist of drawbacks that I have incurred mainly in doing private house parties, where I would like to have inside/outside sound & the atypical, laid out bar that is disjointed and very long. ( Middle of room set up with 2 of the L1's, back to back, would be a great setup to overcome the minimal sound array that only 1 system allows me now.)

I've had my Bose system about as long as I've had Hoster (5 yrs), and wouldn't recommend anything else for a mobile KJ! I can setup and tear down in under 30 minutes, and have done 2 gigs in one day several times without wearing out my favorite roadie! (Girlfriend) LOL

Rick
Rikki Tikki Karaoke
for small ( house) private parties ( 40-50 people) i use my active ( powered ) krk studio monitors, 2 small 6"mains and a (1)10" sub, and for ( 50 -100 people ) house parties, i use my other krk 8" and the 10" sub, and believe me these speakers will rattle windows specially with the 10" sub,i have the mains mounted on a speaker stands,4ft. off the ground,and the subs under my dj stand.and it's easy on my back, they're like 10 lbs ea., i have used my 8" and the 10" sub on a private pool party and i had so much compliments..they couldn't believed that those little speakers can bring out that much power..( i was told by guitar center personnel that i shoudnt be using it that way, but i've been doing it for over a year now, and i haven't see any problems..yet )

Last edited by billyo; January 22nd, 2009 at 11:56 AM.