View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Cravotta View Post
I registered with Windows BBS but I could not find the post you mentioned. I read until my eyes started to water. Could you help with the proper search question?
Would you suggest my un-installing Pinnacle through the Control Panel to test if MTU burner works without it?
reprinted from the thread:

Quote:
Before you do anything be sure to backup up the registry ....

Start > Run > type in Regedit > OK

When Regedit opens scroll to the top if necessary and highlight My Computer

Then go File > Export and in the Export Registry Dialogue box type a name for the backup and select a location - the default of My Documents is fine and be sure that the All button is checked.
Then proceed to the fix

Quote:
uninstall the vob drive and vob instantdrive controller (in scsi and raid controllers) in device manager

then click start, run, type regedit, hit the f3 key, type vobid (short for VOB InstantDrive), click find next, delete the key, hit f3 again and again and remove all instances of vobid that you can delete until you done

P.s. it won't let you delete some keys, but when you are done, instantdrive is history

make sure you backup your data before ever messing with the registry
I know this seems like a daunting task in the beginning, but you can do it. Nero now has a tool to accomplish this for their software, but the others have not followed suit. It is not the entire Pinnacle suite that is the issue. They have a really top notch editing program. The only problem is with the virtual drive that takes over the burner.