View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:53 PM

Smile Microstudio Working Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Something else is causing this to happen. There are just too many people out here who use it without having this problem.
Microstudio 4.10 should be back out soon so maybe updating to that will fix it but I am having my doubts.
Run a virus scan with your Antivirus. Also run a spyware detector program to see if something else is changing something.
My system is pretty clean. Have had NAV for 5 years; run SystemWorks everyweek along with full disk check. I just bought my current system this past June and I don't do games or download freeware.

But I noticed that the "new" (4.1) version of Microstudio mentioned enhanced resilience to registry problems and I noticed there were a few complaints about Norton's handling of registry problems, so I got the 2009 Norton 360, uninstalled microstudio 4.06, used Regedit to delete the MTU registry directory, ran 360 again, rebooted, installed microstudio, rebooted and VOILA it worked. I've restarted and rebooted several times since then; no problem. I've installed Keywrite and used it; no problem getting Microstudio to come up.

This was just in time. I was ready to buy Karaoke software from a competitor. I just couldn't afford any more time on this problem.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions.