View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2008, 02:42 AM

Smile Thanks Microstudio Opens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Let's try this. Uninstall (again) Microstudio. Do the Regedit again and delete just the Microstudio folder. Go to C:\Program Files\Micro Technologies Unlimited\ and delete only the Microstudio folder.
Restart the computer. Then re-install. If this doesn't fix it then something outside of Microsoft is preventing it from opening. Because this should re-install everything used by the program.
It may be that one of the other programs you installed did interfere with Microstudio. Even if you have uninstalled them the registry additions for those programs will still be there as well as other files they put in the Windows folder and in your user profile. Hopefully a complete removal and reinstallation of Microstudio can restore what is needed.
NOW MICROSTUDIO WORKS JUST FINE!!! I uninstalled MicroStudio. In Regedit, I deleted just the MicroStudio folder. I went to C:\ProgramFiles looking for \Micro Technology Unlimited\. I couldn't find it. Since there were no other MTU programs, I think the uninstall deleted it. I restarted. I reinstalled MicroStudio. I restarted and I saw the window that checked for Show/Hide of my burner. Window task manager shows the MicroStudio appication running normally.

Thank you ever so much for the time you put in on this problem. I had promised to change the key on some Karaoke CDGs for my wife for an upcoming gig. Now I'm back in business. THANKS!!!