View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticProf View Post
I don't find a shortcut for Roxio in the Startup folder or on my desktop. I deleted all the MTU subfolders other than MicroStudio. No luck. I then deleted the entire MTU folder after uninstalling Microstudio. Reinstalled. No luck. In fact, I was unable to bring up the task manager and had to shut the system off to regain control.
I am not sure I understand part of this. Why did you delete all the other MTU folders other than Microstudio? I am presuming this was on the C:\ drive you did this? Did you delete the C:\MTU folders or the C:\ Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\ folders?

Quote:
I did notice that every time I installed, MicroStudio was able to enter my address, registration code and computer ID without my involvement (maybe a temp file when it uninstalls).
This is done from a file on the C:\ drive that isn't identified to us as being an MTU file. It contains your information and all of your registration codes that you have entered.

Quote:
I'm hesitant about rolling back the OS -- mainly because I haven't done it before and I rely heavily on my system for my professional work. I can't afford a problem. How do I find the place to invoke a rollback in XP Professional? If I rollback and am unhappy, can I get back to where I am now?
Your title for this post is Regedit failed, but you don't mention it in your post. What exactly did you do and what happened when you did it?

Let's wait before you try the System Restore as I am not convinced we have gone through everything we can try.
What other programs do you have installed on this computer?