View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Some users have been upset that they need to upgrade their Windows. Here are the requirements, from MTU:

Windows XP (any version):

1. Service Pack 2 will work, #3 will perform better. Remember, MICROSOFT... fixes their OWN BUGS in Service Packs. It is wise to update always!!!

2. Internet Explorer 6 will work, but it has bugs and is more vulnerable. IE7 is frankly superior. I can't imagine not wanting to upgrade.

3. Windows Media Player 9 will work. This is only available for XP as Vista's lowest WMP is 11. We recommend upgrading XP to WMP11, but it is NOT mandatory.

Windows Vista (any version):

1. Don't run Vista without Service Pack 1,000,000!!! Seriously, if you MUST run Vista (NOT recommended by MTU), be sure you have Service Pack 1. Vista has so many problems, that not installing SP1 is... well... foolish.

2. Internet Explorer 7 is standard, so that's what we use with Vista.

3. Windows Media Player 11 is the lowest version available in Vista, so that's what we use with Vista.

In the past, Skybird74 and a few others were answered by me (Admin), that XP users had to upgrade to run Video Hoster 4.0x. That was premature as we later discovered that XP and Vista required totally different players. The XP one runs fine with the recommendations above. The Vista one REQURES the items above.

I hope this helps everyone understand MTU Video Hoster's "REQUIREMENTS".