View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
If you used EXPRESS install on the updates, you only got the ones Microsoft deems important. If you used EXPRESS, go back in, use CUSTOM, and take everything, especially .NET FRAMEWORK, which is a must for Microstudio.
I indeed have everything I can possibly install on my Microsoft Vista, including the just-released Service Pack 1.

According to Wikipedia, the .NET FRAMEWORK is standard with Vista, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Another thing that's puzzling me..........I keep reading that because of some "code problem" with Windows, it reads CDGs as CDAs, even though they're actually CDGs.

That's partially untrue. The CDG files I have on my hard drive, Windows indeed lists as CDG, and plays them with any karaoke-playing software, with full audio and video. It's only when reading files off my CD-R, does Windows list them as CDA.

And again, while the files are listed as CDA, they will play on my laptop, but not my desktop. I was hoping my desktop was missing some files that the Service Pack would replenish, but it made no difference.