View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2007, 04:35 PM

Karaoke is still big in the Chicago area, but we usually see strictly karaoke, not a mix of karaoke/DJ like you see say in northern Wisconsin. I don't go to a DJ to sing, don't go to a Karaoke show to just dance. You can still dance at a karaoke show, but you can't sing at a DJ show. You're right on the mobile stuff, that's what I do, the older you get the harder it is, I've downsized twice now, and still carry way too much stuff, but it's all in the sound for me, if it doesn't sound "great" I don't want it. It's a personal thing I guess, I don't want to just do the karaoke, I always wanted to be "THE" karaoke around, and luckily it worked for me, good people came, good singers, good listeners & drinkers, not hardly any trouble, just good fun for everyone. Got many people to sing that said they couldn't, wouldn't, or whatever. One fella now does shows in the Black River Falls Wisconsin area. He would never sing at all, took a year to get him to sing, then he went crazy on karaoke. That's what it's all about.