View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:57 PM

What type of mixer do you use?

[quote=Monolithent;67174]I have to agree with Lonman. The sound was very good closeup but seemed to diminish quickly the further away you got. When I was trying to use it it was killing my ears with decibels (beacause it was sitting close) just to get good sound to the other side of the room. That and the fact that it gave my Driverack fits trying to auto EQ and set up Subharmonics.

I have uses it in 800 seat rooms, i don't do little clubs, and one of the major compliments of the sound is it is the same up close as it is in the back of the room. I use it for a 1,000 person outdoor show once a month, no problem. You don't need a driverack to auto EQ this system, I simply use the two Tone Engines from Bose. As for the expense, if it didn't work better than what i had, and i had a great system by anyone's measure, one test drive and back it would have gone at no cost to me. I'm not disputing what you are saying, just i guess we set things up a little different. I still have my EV array, but am wondering why? I guess it works for me when i set it up, and it didn't for you. By the way, i'm not affiliated with Bose. We will just have to agree to disagree.

muzicman