View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
What is a BIN file compared to the MP3/CDG I am used too?
Sam answered this one, but to take it one step further BIN files is a full size file the same format as what is on the CD itself with combined audio and graphics. An MP3/CDG (or better know as MP3+G) is split with the graphics in the CDG file and the audio compressed in the MP3 file. I will say that MP3 is probably the worst compression format to use as there is a lot of loss to the audio sound quality.

Quote:
I don't think I can use both type files...can I?
Microstudio can play both of those formats and several more, but it only imports in the BIN format.

Quote:
My hosting program (Roxbox) only see's MP3/CDG, is there a way to used Microstudio so it will created MP3/CDG vs BIN?
To convert them to MP3+G if your program can't do that you can use Songverter which is a new program by MTU to convert files between formats.

Quote:
Will Microstudio work with other programs (like Roxbox) or will it only work with their Hoster program?
Microstudio is designed to help you work with you karaoke and audio CDs and files. I am sure you read the whole blurb about it before you bought it. It isn't designed to do shows as the graphics (lyrics) window will not move to a secondary monitor (TV), nor does it have songbook printing capability.

All of the karaoke show programs have unique features that are good, but you have to decide which features are important to you and go with that program. I will say as a user of Hoster and I have tried several of the others, that I have found none better for quality of audio, graphics and ease of use.