View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM

Microstudio and Songverter both iffy on my computer

I've tried a lot of different combinations, naming not naming, kma, wma, mp3, converting from bins, converting to bins, play with microstudio, play with other software. Here's the bottom line

Songs that were songverted to kma or wma-g do not play well on Microstudio, (snap, crackle, pop) nor do they burn to a karoake disc. (Invalid music file)

Using songverter to convert "songverted" kma or wma-g back to bin or mp3-g produces files that are shortened and sped up. Microstudio not only plays them that way but shows their length to be around/or exactly half as long.

Other software perfectly plays the wma files that are created by songverter from bins into wma-g

One program, with a cdg plug-in perfectly plays the wma-g files created by songverter.

I converted the wma portion of a wma-g to mp3 using Goldwave; Microstudio had no problem playing the resultant mp3-g (no snap, crackle, pop)

Hoster created kma files seem to play fine on Microstudio (no snap, crackle, pop) I'm using the demo and my kma files are shortened, but other threads seem to report complete satisfaction in this area

I'm going to try to load everything on another computer, but I don't think my computer is the problem, since the Hoster created KMA's went through without a hitch.