View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:15 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
There is no absolutely no way you can run a faster pace show using disc v Hoster.
Well yea actually it is a fact. I wasn't the typical 1 player host that wouldn't even pull their disc until the current song was done playing. I always had 2 players - 1 playing, 1 cued at the cue points I have listed on every disc/song to eliminate long cue/intro screens or even unecessary long intros example NIB - Black Sabbath gets cued to 1:00 where the actual music starts - eliminating 1 minute of a bass solo - not common but there are many songs with very long intros or silent cue screens. When the singing stopped on the playing disc, I would ask for applause & call up next singer while starting the next disc & fading out old song. Thus eliminating all down time in between.
With Hoster I cannot do that. I still can ask for applause & call up next singer when singing stops, but then I have to turn down the current outro & stop it making for dead air - unless I push up the fill/transition music (another step), & quickly highlight next song & start it & wait for the cue up & intro screen before the music starts since you can't set cue points yet. So yes, running players/discs for me is in fact faster than using Hoster, but I am willing to sacrifice the speed for the convenience & sound - which seems to be better than discs for some odd reason.
Which is why I had requested the 2nd player for Hoster for more like a dj type system or at the very least the crossfade button that would automatically fade out the current song while starting the next at the click of a button (obviously it would need to be a manual button) - like I can do with discs & if the cue points become a reality, then I believe Hoster will be faster than running discs in the manner described .

Quote:
Also, i find it much easier to carry a backup laptop w/hoster than lugging a player and all those disc.

muzicman
But that wasn't the question at hand

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions

Last edited by Lonman; June 14th, 2007 at 03:28 PM.