View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleekaraoke View Post
in the area where i live there is only 3 kj's in the area... our rates average around $200 per show...I play 3 nights per week and yes I realize all that goes into a show, traveling etc. but that is seems to be the going rate.. This is how I make a living also, but I have found that when I have a good night at the bar.. the owner always gives me more at end of the night. The bar wants to make money and so do I, so it seems to average out quite nice.. I do charge more when there is an outside gig, or I have to travel at least an hour to a gig.. thanks for letting me share... I just bought the hostus program, so looking forward to using it soon, once i get all my cd's loaded. still trying to figure everything out... don't know how to change some of the cd's that came out unknown, but i guess i'll figure it out soon... God Bless to all my fello kj's

oh and by the way i also play in a small town area in wisconsin and i think charging anything over 250 is crazy even when you are worth it.. they know it and they will most generally pay ya extra at end of the night
I travel over 400 miles to play there. Yeah I take milage off on taxes but 300 for what I travel plus free drinks they are getting a good deal :p Also not every owner if you are good or not will give you extra money at the end of the night. I have been doing this for 10+ years and only 1 bar out of 30 I have played in have given me extra but I also was only charging that bar 125 a night on Sundays and they always had packed crowds in that bar. The only nights I got a little extra was maybe Memorial day and Labor Day. I played there for well over 5 years. (not playing there anymore however because it is not worth the money anymore since I live 3hrs away from that bar now insted of 15 mins.)
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
AMD Athalon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3ghz
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
2 - 1GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair RAM
1 - 500 GB SATA Western Digital HD
1 - 160 GB external HD
ATI Radeon Sapphire X1650 Pro Video Card 512MB
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz