View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2007, 02:07 PM
VIP

Thanks Kilith and Alan. Really appreciate the input given here.

Kilith' The other DJ has a jvc triple deck with two lousy speakers, and two cheap mics, 200 songs, I got 9400, and blah, blah, blah. My equipment is superior all around, sound, show-running, and it is well known.

I do think he is being cheap. You're right there. I mean why quibble over 25 bucks for 8 weeks. Simply because he wants the money in his pocket. I know that. Do I lose out on 200 dollars to get what I ask later for as long as I want. Or delete 150 dollars a week forever instead?

Her's what I think I'm gonna do.

I think I'll ask for 350 now and accept it later if he absolutely refuses, only because it is a very nice place to play and I get a lot of publicity from a very respectable clientelle. Then, turn it all away in August, when I begin to teach again. My overall feeling is that he'll drop Mondays, and that's when I ask for a total of 150 per night for both Sun and Tue = 300. He may not agree then, but THAT will BE my final offer at that time.

Most KJ's around here pick up a used JVC triple deck, someones old 2000 song collection, and two wired 19 dollar mics at radio shack and still pack a place, it's really weird.

I'm gonna try to get a Thursday gig this Summer too, and see if I can operate at 7 days a week this summer (just to say I did it).

On another note, My g/f's parents who like the idea of getting her involved, is going to get her the entire Legends series collection for her Birthday coming up.

So you see, Kilith, I sorta have a plan B here.

Please comment.