View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM

Thank you for your input re memory. I have 512 on both computer #1 and computer #2.

As I think about what you said, I'm wondering if I stated the situation I encountered incorrectly. Instead of running out of "memory" I think the warning I got was "low on hard drive" space. In the "heat of battle" while trying to get the songs moved and 4.000 installed, I think I had one of those "senior moments" you mentioned and replaced "low on disc space" with "low on memory" in my mind.

My total Microstudio song file size was 27.5GB. The total size of my C: drive is 108 GB. As it sets right now, I have 60 GB free space on C:. The 27.5 GB of songs for Microstudio make up a big part of the 48 GB of C: hard drive space I'm using. When I tried to "copy" the song files to the second location, I was actually trying to use another 27.5 GB of my C: hard drive space. That would have put my free hard drive space on C: down to 32.5 GB. If the computer said it was low on hard drive space and stopped my ability to continue copying, it must feel that somewhere just above 32.5 GB of free disc space is "too low". ???

I also have a D: "backup" shown which has 37.2 GB total and 37.1 GB free.

In discussing this, I'm in the "fog" of my knowledge re computers. Does what I said above sound right to you ?

Please don't think I was criticizing your suggestion of "copy and paste". I respect your suggestion and it sounded like the right way to go until I ran into the "out of space" situation. The "send to" option that I tried after the "copy and paste" seems to do the same thing as "copy and paste". So, next I tried the "move to" and everything went smooth.

Please give me your input on the above as I want to make sure this all makes sense and I have "got it right".

Thx George. NYTEHORSE7 Jerry