View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2007, 07:43 PM

Thanks George. I just downloaded Microsudio 4.000 to both computers this afternoon. Both downloads went quite well. Only basic thing I have not tried is burning a disc, but I don't foresee any problems. Also have not tried recording yet but if I have any problems with any of the things I haven't tried, I will return to the forum for help. People like George, ddouglas and The Admin. unselfishly donate their time and knowledge to help us and really deserve appreciation from all of us for all their efforts. I offer my personal sincere "Thank You" to all.

Just "for the record", in case someone else has the same or similar questions that I had, I want to put a few comments, observations and suggestions in here that might help.

1. Installing 4.000 over 3.004 in my "internet" computer was a "piece of cake". Just follow the instructions. If you want to save your song files before installing 4.000 (as a safety precaution) move them to C: as pointed out by George in his post. However, do not use "copy and paste" or "send to" for all the files because you are using double the memory (I actually ran out of memory and had to change my method). I would suggest moving one song via one of the aforementioned methods to make sure your new folder "works". Then start using the "move to folder" option to move the files to your new folder. This will simply take them out of the file they are in and put them in your new file without doubling up memory use. Song transfer and using 4.000 browser to locate and get them into the program worked great on computer #1.

2. On computer #2, I did as planned and removed version 2.611 manually after moving my files from the "songlist" files to a new file on C: that I named "songs 4.000". I had my songs in folders ("country", 50's/60's" etc.) in the "songlist" file and had to open each folder individually and move the contents one group at a time to my new folder. Only problem I encountered was the "artist" information showed up in the 2.611 Microstudio window (when studio was open), but was not in the songlist file (???) , so when they were transferred to my new songs 4.000 file and ultimately shown in the new 4.000 list of songs, artist "Unknown" is shown on all songs.

Memory stick attempt to transfer additional songs from compter #1 to computer #2 was a failure. With over 27 GB of songs and a 2.0 GB memory stick there was no way and compressing was too slow to be an option.

Downloading and installing 4.000 via memory stick (internet computer to non internet computer) worked great !! Only advice: take your time & follow the instructions. (MTU did a great job with the instructions).

The only thing I noticed after completeion of 4.000 downloads to both computers was that on computer #1, the microphone is in the "on" postion when I open Microstudio while on computer #2 it is in the "off" position. This is by no means a problem or complaint, simply an observation. I don't think it should make any difference as the microphone can be manually turned on or off.

Again, my thanks to all for your help. I am looking forward to spending a lot of time using the new 4.000, by the way MTU, the "keyrite" and "vogone" are super additions to Microstudio. Great job on 4.000, keep up the good work Doug and the rest of the gang at MTU !! Your efforts are appreciated. I'll be checking the forum and welcome any questions or comments.
NYTEHORSE7 Jerry