View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
If you'll read my first post about this, I specifically asked about using the Record feature in MicroStudio at a Show using Hoster and was told it could be done by Admin. I wanted to learn as much as possible before trying it "Live" at my Show tonight.

OK, I just came home from doing a Show. Yes, you can record a Live Show. However, when I plugged into the microphone from my Amp, it muted the music so much, that it sounded terrible, until I pulled the plug out from the microphone in my laptop. So, I did my Show as usual with Hoster & did not record anything. Just thought I'd try ...

If Hoster 4.0 includes a Record feature, I am sure it will work much better. For now, I personally would not recommend using MicroStudio to record a live Show that is run with Hoster.
You didn't say anything about Hoster in your first post but no matter. The Hoster recorder will be the same setup. You will still need to get the microphone output back to the mic in/line in input of your laptop to record your singers. Your problem with the decreased output was probably an impedence mismatch. The laptop input is usually a low impedence and your output from the amp may be a high impedence output.