View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Thank you all so much for your help.

Just a couple final questions and I'll hopefully be "good to go" with 4.000. I will preface these questions with the reminder that my "computer savvy" is not the best.

1. I've decided that I want to use your suggestion and move the "songs" file to a C:\songs file new folder. Briefly, how do I do that ?

2. With the answer to #1 above, I should be Ready to install 4.000 on computer #1 (connected to the internet). I will use the new 4.000 "browse" feature to make the new C:\songs folder my default after completing download.

On computer #2 (not connected to the internet), I'm going to save the songs presently in this computer to a newly created C:\songs folder then use the manual uninstall method to uninstall the 2.611 version, then install 4.000 as "new". I'm not sure about how downloading 4.000 from "internet" computer #1 to "non internet" computer #2 via a memory stick will go, but I believe there are instructions in the download package. If the above is all is correct, my final question is: Is there a simple way to copy the song files in computer #1 to computer #2 via memory stick ? Only reason I ask is that the songs I've uploaded into 3.004 on computer #1 comprise a complete list of all my songs where computer #2 with 2.611 only has a partial list uploaded.

Again, sorry for my lengthy post, but I just want to get it right. Thank you all again for your kindness, understanding, and help. I'll await your reply.

NYTEHORSE7 Jerry