Thread: Disc At Once?
View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2006, 04:19 PM

Disc At Once?

I had noticed that Version 3.002 did add the checkbox for "Write 2 Second Gap". I just didn't know if that switched the mode of writing the disc or if it was done in another way. I think usually when a program uses "Track-At-Once" to write the disc it puts the 2 second gap between tracks. I figured that Microstudio used DAO if you were copying the entire disc but was unsure if it did when compiling a custom disc. According to what I have read if any method other than DAO is used, the laser is turned on and off and leaves artifacts on the disc which are detrimental to the manufacturing process of creating the glass master because it sees them as errors. I read that many of the CD burning software packages (like Nero, CD Architect, etc.) have an option to select DAO or not. Not finding that as an option in Microstudio, I thought I would ask, hence my question. In case anyone is interested, I found this article which gives a pretty good description as to why DAO is needed for CD replication.

http://www.discmakers.com/pdf/makingcdmaster.pdf