Thread: Need Help!
View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda Lou
Thank you everyone for your advice. I'm not one to make these kind of business decisions fast, so now I have some food for thought.

Another quick question! Does anyone know if there is a way to copy your music from your cavs player to your computer so that I could use that music as well as the cd's I have. That would really make things nice. I decided to go with a laptop over another cav's player for my second system because there are so many problems with the cav's player and so much expense involved when you have a problem. We buy off of a company in Cleveland and the cav's player comes loaded with the music already. Another question that I probably already know the answer to...is it actually legal to do that?
I believe that CAVS has an mcdg decoder that is supposed to be able to convert those files, but I think I have also heard that it doesn't work correctly. That has been a while so they may have something that will work by now.
I agree with you that the cavs players and their Jukebox players are really poor quality. I have 2 that have become boat anchors, because I refuse to deal with those people anymore.

GPayne, that discussion was a while back and things have and are changing. By the way there is another program out that will convert those SCDGs and you don't have to by a whole bundle to get it. It is called CDGFix and I have converted my 2,300 songs. I have only added select ones to Hoster though because over the past year we have been replacing the songs we needed with CDG disc version.