Thread: Need Help!
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

Reda Lou,
I personally don't use a laptop for running my KJ shows, but MTU has a couple that are supposed to be good and takes all the guess work out of selecting. The video , soud, cd drive, and hard drive have all been picked as best for running a show.

I use custom built (by me) computers that are in small cases similar to the shuttle case but much cheaper. But then I have been working in the computer field for well over 20 years. I have seen too many problems with laptops both on the job and within these forums to feel comfortable running my shows with one. If you want to go this route then MTU lists minimum requirements for running Hoster.

As to the music, if you are already doing shows with cdg player and discs, these can be imported into Hoster. The best way to be sure you are getting legitimate music is to buy the CDGs and import them. There are several good sources on line to purchase CDG discs. EBay is one of those but be careful who you deal with as I have ended up with a couple of copies instead of the originals. You can also Google for Karaoke Music and will come up with many sources.

Good Luck.