View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2002, 05:47 PM

Barisinger,
I can't answer that one. I'd hazard a guess that if worse came to worse and you couldn't locate a laptop with a burner that supported cdg you might be able to get a plug and play burner like MTU sells that would work, assuming the laptop had USB ports. I'm purely speculating on this one. Maybe someone else can answer it and jump in. If they miss it, try starting a new thread addressing that issue.Glad you're getting somewhere with cdg copying.

Now, let's take another step.If you simply want to copy an entire CDG, the Duplicate tab will save you a lot of manual labor. It will copy the entire disc to a hard drive image, then write it to a cd. Once again saving files is done automatically. Just make certain if you're copying a CDG disc that you've selected Karaoke mode, and the if it's simply an audio cd, select audio mode. Didn't give you this yesterday as I thought it best to get you up and running first. I wanted to make certain your equipment was reading and writing CDG.Forgive me if I took the wrong approach..Have fun

Take care,

George

P.S. Be VERY SPECIFIC when shopping that laptop. Don't simply ask for Karaoke compatability. Specify CDG Format. A lot of people are getting burned out there buying burners that claim to process
Karaoke, when in fact they may only support VCD, not the popular CDG. I know because it happened to me when got started in all this. Hope you didn't mind that "fatherly " lecture

Last edited by George; February 28th, 2002 at 06:10 PM.