View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2002, 12:31 PM

XP and the universe

Don't really care for XP myself. I have preinstalled on a Sont laptop and have nothing but problems with it (Mostly in the home networking area. My other sytems all run Windows 2000 Which I would install onthe laptop also if I knew could get all the correct drivers. MTU software works great on Windows 2000 on the 3 different computers I have tried it on and I also use the HP 8100 series burner that seems to work fine but only to speeds of 4x even though the drive stated it can do 8x. For Duping disk I need something that can burn Disk to Disk much faster than the 16x I'm currently getting with the plextors (Which I choose because of the support stated in MTU's compatablility section) Truthfully I have wasted 2 of the 16x drives already and just got the third oe last night. The first one was DOA and the second when to heaven after 2 hundred burns we will see how the third holds up. I agree that one should not tout another brand in a company board UNLESS it can be used TOGETHER to make one's job a little easier. If there is a product out there that can dup at 40x I want it, but I will stick with MTU for ripping single tracks and custom arranging.

Just my 2 cents