View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2005, 07:34 AM

Re: Internet, downloading, and karaoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJYale
And why pay 1.99 for a song, if an entire CD+G disk with 15-18 songs can be bought for $18-$20, why pay $29 - $35 for the same amount of songs...
Depends on what they will be used for. To amass a large song inventory, like a KJ needs, what you say is absolutely correct.

However we have many private users who are more focused on obtaining songs they want. In that case spending even $5.00 per track ( that's what Priddis was charging for custom CDG's) can be much cheaper.

The average commercial CDG may have 2 songs you really want, and 13 you could care less about. That's quite intentional on the part of the manufacturer for obvious reasons.

At that rate you'd have to buy at least 7 discs to get 14 songs you really want. That works out to $126 to $140, using your numbers.

At $5.00 per pop through a company like Priddis, 14 tracks comes to $70, and and all 14 tracks are songs you want, no dead filler, and you have an original CDG.

I haven't checked Priddis in awile, they may have come down somewhat, dunno.

I haven't looked into Internet download tracks, most aren't legal anyway.

It's my understanding that Cavs tracks will only play on Cavs machines. That's the way it was a few months ago, and if it's changed, I'll stand corrected on that point..

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; January 4th, 2005 at 07:40 AM.