View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2004, 09:04 AM

Re: Trouble Reading/Writing on 712A

Wally,

Try the silver media that MTU offers. It has an extra layer that helps minimize scratching and contributes to overall longer life. I have no connection with MTU other than as a customer like yourself, so I stand to gain nothing directly by promoting their products...well, maybe that's not entirely true.

I guess I figure that if I'm going to spend more bucks for something like media, and have to order it anyway, then I'd just as soon put that money into a company like MTU that is providing me with products like Microstudio for one, that I don't believe I could find anywhere else, at least not the quality products with such user friendliness...so if putting a few dollars profit in their pocket for something like media will help keep them afloat in these volitile times so's I can enjoy the rest of their portfolio for years to come, then it's a good investment, as I see it.

I really don't think they are a volume media retailer anyway, but they offer this line to insure quality CDG results with their products like Microstudio...once again just my take on it.

You are correct with less expensive media regarding one batch differing from another. Ithink that depends on the volume of business they do as compared to their production capabilities. I used to use one brand that ran about $24.95 for a stack of 50. They are stocked by most large retailers. I'd go along for awhile with no problems, then all of a sudden there would be a new stack with nothing but problems. I decided that was because during periods of heavy demand they were jobbing out to other manufacturers to produce their label, and quality control was not up to par...once again just my take on it.

When I went over to top grade media, as I've already stated I have had no problems, and probably come out cheaper and happier over the long run, not having to toss any in the trash or put up with annoying glitches.

Enough of the soapbox this early on a Monday morning

Take care,

George