View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2004, 10:10 PM

Re: Hey Wild Bill!

Quote:
Originally posted by louieoke2
I know a good wireless rig is going to set you back a good $400 or more, and for someone getting started out, having a $400 mic dropped and broken, would be devistating.
I HATED they way I sounded at the karaoke bars and always thought that the problem was in the cheap Microphones that they all used. Before I started my first show four Years ago, I knew I wanted GOOD mic's. Celene Dion could be made to sound like a rank amature if she was limited to mic's of the type I have seen in most karaoke bars around Charlotte. When I bought my two Wireless Shure Beta 87's they ran me $600.00 each! (And some change).

That's when I discovered that the problem with voice sound quality was not so much the fault of the microphones, but that the KJ's didn't know how to set up their equipment.

Feedback problem?
Fix by washing out the high and mid ranges on the mic's......

WRONG!!!

The amount of money I spent of those mic's turned out to be unecessary but they still turned out to be a good investment. I had to replace the battery caps on them once and they still look almost brand new. The screens arn't even dented yet. Both of them have been dropped at least a dozen times but it wasnt until a few month ago that one actually sustained some dammage. Now, the on/off switch dosent work. :(

Other than that, they have never given me even the first hint of trouble.

Even so, I agree that it's alot of money for the starting KJ.

Last edited by bdayton; June 20th, 2004 at 10:16 PM.