View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:04 PM

Hey girl...LOL

Well my first pc was a 900mhz 256DDR AMD with a Soundblaster live card and it worked great!

One thing I dont understand is wh people get amps. If you get what is called powered speaker they have built in amps and everything built in. For example I have 2-15" 400w powered Cretes and they are awsome. I have a mackie DFX 12 mixer (very important to have a mixer) next to the pc its is most crucial (and speakers lol) You can always upgrade mics and stuff later.

My mixer and speakers can handle a total of 6 speakers like I have if you daisy chain them with no loss in quality

If you can afford it I sugest a 880 mic( I personally suggest this I tested em at a shop and they sound deep and rich with sound) or a upper end Shure like a 56..Ihave pg 56.

Anyway The upgrades you mention I think are nice but not needed unless your gonna be using ALL of the programs MTU offers. My mixer has a vocal illiminator that works darn near voco pro..but it wont be long till MTU knocks that out too.

Don't worry about being new. I am new too but I spen prob 2-3 hrs a day reading forums searching the web or talking to my music shop. If you buy this stuff froma music store be sire they will help you..mine bends over backwards..GREAT SERVICE just like MTU.

If you want PM me and Ill give you my email and we can chat.

Rich
Dr Karaoke