Thread: plexwriter
View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2004, 01:42 PM

Angry plexwriter

I purchased a plexwriter 52/24/52 and the microstudio software and MTU discs. I have a Voco Pro Colt karaoke machine. I have burned cdg's using the mtu discs and my karaoke machine will not even attempt to read them. I have tried 8 different types of CDR's and finally got a Memorex 1x-16x and a Maxell 1x-16x to burn and beable to read in my karaoke machine. However, they do not make these anymore and for some reason when I bought the same disc's in larger burn size such as 40x or 48x my machine can't read them?????? I have called tech support and everyone else blames each other. I thought that is was the 1x-16x, I purchased some PNY Technologies that are 1x-16x and my karaoke machine will not read them. Can anyone give me some help as to why the maxell and memorex 1x-16 will read, but nothing else will. I called Voco Pro and they said this machine reads burnt cdg's. This is no cheap machine!!! I have spent over $300 in burner and cdg's with no progress. When I burn these discs I have tried burning at 4x, 6x, auto select. The memorex and maxell were burnt at 4x and 6x and works, but when I buy the same disc only in 40x or 48x and burn at 4x or 6x the machine can't read it.

I am very frustrated with the whole deal.