View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2003, 04:34 PM

Wink Micro 2.5

Last thing I want to do is to be a negative person BUT,

I still think you folks at MTU should have wait a little longer to bring out a better version, at least when I upgraded from the 2.3 version I was finally able to read my BMB/Nutech album.

Now, it consumes less CPU but I believe it's with the 8 bit mode?

Admin note: Not so. The entire player code was upgraded. The Hi Res Window Player as well as the 8-bit fullscreen player both now require almost no CPU power.

Well the 8 bit mode is not working properly!! Admin note: True, and it will be fixed.

The ideal of the Window Mode would be excellent only if we could open another program and still keep the sound, once the song starts we just can't adjust the volume anymore or change the Key Pitch on my Creative card...

I know I'm going to sound hard but I really think it's not acceptable, keep in mind that Microstudio is running on Windows not MS-DOS, it's THE only audio program I know that Mutes once we click somewhere on the screen.

We all know that you Folks at MTU make the BEST Karaoke Software but PLEASE, try to understand that a good audio card has a Multiplex capability and that the ideal of Microsoft Windows is to be able to open more than one program at the same time.

It can't be a question of cost, any Freeware Program (Audio) on the market will NOT Mute for nothing.

Regards

Admin note: Are you are trying to host a Karaoke Show from Microstudio? I am sensitive to your specific desires, but I would like to understand the reasoning behind your request. Is that the main reason behind your requests?

When we consider the thousands of users we have, we are not getting requests like yours from enough to justify spending the extra time to make this a default settable feature... and making it more difficult for the MAJORITY of our users. Keep in mind, the more flexible a product is, the more difficult it is to use. Also keep in mind, a number of our customers have requested that Microstudio NOT play when they shift to another program. That is what we now offer.

However, I'm not saying we can't be swayed.