View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2022, 08:54 PM

Re: 100\\\'s Of Songs Indexed But Not Showing As Being Indexed?

Hi Walt.

Thank you for your reply.

I did what you suggested;
\"Have you actually done a search to see if they are showing in the search window.\"

Yes, they were there. I was also able to add them to the playlist.
That got me thinking to try with the rest of my files. 1000\'s of other files \"did show up\" in the search window but unfortunately I \"couldn\'t add them\" to the playlist? An \"Error\" kept popping up! :(
(Plz see my Pic 01 attached)
Now I\'m dreading starting all over again. I have to acknowledge I\'ve done something wrong in my process of indexing my files.

I don\'t no if this is the place to ask but if I explained to you my process of \"Indexing\", you may see where I am going wrong.

Firstly:
HOW I SAVED MY FILES:
Many, many years ago when there were only cd\'s, I would rip them and save them into their respective folders. eg. DISC 001, DISC 002 etc, with files in each folder ranging in numbers from 10,15 - 25 files etc. (Plz see my Pic 02 attached)
Because I started that way, I just kept doing it the same way when \"zip files\" came into existence.

Secondly:
INDEXING FILES:
(Plz see my next Pic 03 on my process of Indexing)

Crazy thing is, I\'ve always done it this way and it has always worked. Probably not the best or efficient way!\" lol So not sure what I am doing wrong?
If I have to start from scratch again, so be it. As always, I look forward to your expertise and advice.
Thank you in advance.
Lani
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 01. Errors - Search-Add.jpg (376.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 02. DISC FOLDERS.jpg (353.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 03. INDEXING.jpg (1.58 MB, 3 views)

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points