View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Blocked From MTU.Community

I too have been trying to get a Krystal system going with XP Pro.
So far however, no luck. Seems that the "package" I was sent for 5.5 does not contain the needed VXD and so Medit just won't install. I was surprised. I had Win 98SE on the same machine and it ran medit 5.4. just fine.

Whole idea of moving the machine to XP was reliability, and also that Krystal could now share interrupts. The motherboard for the system in question has a ton of on-board stuff and so that was a def. consideration, though I was able with Win 98 to find one slot that Krystal was happy in (that didn't share IRQs with all the on-board stuff!) This is using an Abit P4PE m/board, with onboard "audio", networking, firewire, many USB ports, etc. etc -- along with a P4 2.5B gig CPU. (The B is a faster front side bus, it's also called Northwood by Intel)

I haven't "activated" my WinXP Pro yet since I couldn't get Medit to work with it. XP kept barking for me to install the driver for the Krystal, and in the directory Medit 55 created, there isn't any.
Does anyone else know about this-- am I missing something maybe? I completely stripped the drive before installing XP Pro, so it isn't the ghost of Medits past or anything. I wrote all zeros to the drive (low level) and then re-partitioned and formatted it.

I'm hoping MTU will send a new "package" (the EXE file that should contain everything needed).

On the 74 minute CDs, they're still around-- at least the Mitsuis are-- you can get them from Media Supply at pretty good prices.
You're right though, many other brands don't have them anymore. I pretty much have stuck with the Mitsuis since way back -- at least for audio. And I still do masters going out to replicators on the gold ones, too. Only have ever had one master rejected out of many hundreds.