View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:01 AM
VIP

Re: Karaoke with Laptop only???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
How would you know? Take up a poll, or put out a suggestion box? Good idea, my way of doing it was simply based on a huge number of shows, like about 350 - 400 a year, with over 25,000 singers a year, and millions in the audiences over the last ten years. And never once has anyone ever said anything about a screen on that should be off. And EVERY time I add a new screen, it is always yay!

Also, do you guys allow people to bring in their own disks if they want?
If so, do you have an actual karaoke player with a CD-Rom drive, or maybe an external CD-Rom drive if the one in your laptop won't do CD-G and/or MP3G ? Yup, I put mine right thru Hoster in the laptop. Singers sometimes find it odd that I use a laptop and actually take discs, but within a few weeks, if it's a decent regular, I purchase that very same version. They like that too!

Just trying to figure out if it's a good idea to have an actual karaoke player on hand, or if I should focus solely on being able to play the occasional disk on the laptop. Try the disc first. Some do not have luck with that though. My wife and I always have.

I'm going to be all digital, but I wouldn't care of someone wanted to bring their own disk as long as it is a pressed disc not a CDR in an attempt to not violate any copyrights er anything.