View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: importing songs from hard drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldaiquiri View Post
Thank you. I know that the hide indexed file was clicked. I will try it tonight when I get to the bar. Would it be better so save as kmh files?
It is a matter of personnel choice, I myself would have imported them as kmh files, if you do import them as kmh types then that folder would have to remain in the list of folders, (not removed as I stated in previous Post).

If you change it to that now It may alter your Book Id's printed in your book.

Kma files create a copy of the original file with the header data inside it, as it's a copy you double the hard drive space used unless you delete the original files after importing. (not a good idea as you may need the original at some time for backup)
kmh file just adds a small 256bt header file to each song file and has to remain in the folder with the original file, uses much less hard drive space plus the original file can still be used in other software.

I only import new CD+G discs as kma files, (mainly because that's the only option) the disc is then the backup.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.