View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM

Re: New Computer Setup ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
When you say you added some CDG, I take it you imported them as KMA files straight from the CD+G disc ?
If you import these on the 2 different computers the only way I can think of is to check when importing that you import them in the same order and use the same Disc Id & Book Id in the import dialog for each computer, the book id normally increments to the next available # automatically although you can override this and put in a higher one.

Alternately, again assuming these are .kma types. After importing on one computer, open your kma folder containing the newly imported files. Right click on a blank area of this open folder and in the window that opens select "Sort by then Date Created" this should list all the files in date order to easily identify these new disc's. Select all these new imports and use right click to select Copy.
Now you need to have either a usb stick or hard drive to copy them to temporary.
Once you have done this you can plug the usb storage devise into your other computer and copy these files to your KMA folder on that computer.
Then start Hoster, from the Tools Tab/Build Database in this dialogs list of folders window highlight the folder containing these newly imported files then press the rescan button.
This will add the extra files and make it identical to the other computer.
If all your KMA files are on different external hard drives I'm sure you can work the above instructions to suit
Roy,
Although this worked using a USB drive for moving the KMA files, it did not duplicate the BookID numbers. I ended up with different BookID numbers on the two computers.

I had to delete the files and re-load them to get the BookID numbers to match.

Thanks anyway. It was definitely worth a try...