Thread: pfc.sys
View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Re: pfc.sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusicGeek View Post
I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I'm an IT by trade (MCSB, MCSE, CET, A+) and, in my experience, the number to the left of the decimal is the version. The first number to the right indicates updates to that version (minor feature enhancement bug fixes, etc), the second number right is usually nothing more than a patch. Almost every company I have worked with charges for version upgrades and never for updates or patches. Sometimes version upgrades will be free or discounted if the previous version was purchased within a certain time frame of the latest release.
Call it what you want making a program for Windows work on Windows is a bug fix. MTU should not expect their customer to pay for their programming ineptitude. Their constant Microsoft bashing is not only pointless but rather childish.
Bottom line is that MTU support has become almost nonexistant. Look at the dates on the support ticket thread above. I have still not heard anything from them. See their facebook page for more examples of less than happy customers.
Sorry if I seem a little over frustrated. I have purchased licenses for EVERY software piece they sell. I expected higher quality support. Instead we get "It's Microsoft's fault" and "We spent $xxxx.00 to make our products work as they are supposed to", etc.
First thing is MTU has always used the number to the left of the decimal and the first decimal place to indicate upgrades and those had not been free under their old policy. Now it is free if you have purchased a new license or an upgrade to your license within the last 12 months. If not then you will need to purchase the discounted upgrade.
As far as MTU's Facebook page I don't call two posts about problems being a mass problem compared to the number of programs sold by MTU. And by the way both of their problems were solved.
The only way you will be able to install the newer versions will be to buy the upgrades. Sorry but that is your answer.

By the way I changed the fonts on your posts. There is no need to increase your font size to indicate your displeasure.