MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Microstudio has been downloaded and saved but cannot finish installing (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=8704)

bryanelle March 29th, 2007 06:15 PM

Microstudio has been downloaded and saved but cannot finish installing

i uninstalled microstudio 3 in order to install 4. after the point in the installation process wherein i type the reg. code i get the following window: "registration data is about to be saved to a removable media device. the media must have at least 1 MB of free storage to continue. currently this devise is: not available. please either insert a clean, formatted floppy disk into your A:\ drive insert a removable drive (memory stick), and press 'try again'." Not only is there not a "try again" button to press, but when i insert a blank cdr into my drive tray and hit "refresh" nothing happens and the "next" button continues to be inaccessible. why to i need to save this information to a separate disc in order to continue? at this point a step by step walk through from the "original registration code" window would be appreciated.

ddouglass March 29th, 2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanelle (Post 61140)
i uninstalled microstudio 3 in order to install 4. after the point in the installation process wherein i type the reg. code i get the following window: "registration data is about to be saved to a removable media device. the media must have at least 1 MB of free storage to continue. currently this devise is: not available. please either insert a clean, formatted floppy disk into your A:\ drive insert a removable drive (memory stick), and press 'try again'." Not only is there not a "try again" button to press, but when i insert a blank cdr into my drive tray and hit "refresh" nothing happens and the "next" button continues to be inaccessible. why to i need to save this information to a separate disc in order to continue? at this point a step by step walk through from the "original registration code" window would be appreciated.

First off a CDR will not work. The program is asking for a Floppy disk or a memory stick (thumb drive). Are you connected to the internet when you try to install? If not this is why it is asking for one of those items and cannot go on without it. If you do not have a floppy drive installed then you will need a memory stick to put the registration information on. If you are then you have a firewall setting that is preventing the program from contacting MTU. The install program registers the program on MTU's server when it is installed.

bryanelle March 30th, 2007 03:41 AM

yes i am connected to the internet when i try to run install. does this make a difference or is the bottom line that i need to get a memory stick regardless? thanx for the quick reply

ddouglass March 30th, 2007 08:23 AM

Then you have a firewall setting that is preventing the program from contacting MTU. You need to find that setting and change it so that MTU is allowed instead of blocked.

George March 30th, 2007 08:31 AM

Try turning any firewalls off when trying to install. If that works, do as DDouglas said.

Memory stick or not a connection with MTU will eventually have to be made to install.

A memory stick is called for when the pc a program is to be installed on is not on line, but the regestration info recorded on the stick is sent to MTU through any other pc that is on line.

admin March 30th, 2007 06:19 PM

Read this FAQ, which is what Dale and George are also saying. Most problems can be found in the Support Center FAQs.

bryanelle March 30th, 2007 07:58 PM

thanx for the quick reply buuuuuuuut....

you must pretend that you are talking to a total computer dunce because i can assure that that is absolutely the case...so, firewalls? how do i go about turning them off? would this have anything to do with my symantec antivirus software?

bryanelle April 1st, 2007 07:18 AM

i'm a genius

so i turned off the windows firewall all by my self and proceeded to attempt a run at microstudio 4 which i downloaded a few days ago but to no avail. despite the firewall being off microtechnology install shield still requests a memory stick even though i am connected to the internet. my reg code is correct to the best of my knowledge and anyway i think it would let me know if it wasn't. thoughts?

ddouglass April 1st, 2007 10:10 PM

Check your Internet Explorer Options. Go to Tools/Internet Options Security tab. Click on restricted sites, scroll down the list and look to see if www.mtu.com or any MTU site is listed as blocked. You should also Click on Trusted Sites and add MTU.com.

Are you running on AOL or dial-up internet connection?

bryanelle May 7th, 2007 05:10 AM

no i'm running internet explorer via wifi. can't find this tools/internet options security tab. how do i locate it? i suck at computers

ddouglass May 7th, 2007 08:50 AM

Find the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop. Click the Right mouse buttonon it, go to properties and Left click on it. Then follow previous instruction.

George May 7th, 2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddouglass (Post 62309)
Find the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop. Click the Right mouse buttonon it, go to properties and Left click on it. Then follow previous instruction.

Go to INTERNET PROPERTIES, not PROPERTIES.

ddouglass May 7th, 2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 62311)
Go to INTERNET PROPERTIES, not PROPERTIES.

I don't know about yours but my IE6 just says properties.:?

George May 7th, 2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddouglass (Post 62314)
I don't know about yours but my IE6 just says properties.:?

My 6.0.2900.2180 says both, Internet Properties and Properties. Clicking Properties only simply gives the shortcut info.

Same thing here on the Outlook Express 6.0.

Much less confusing for her anyway to open explorer and look at the top of the page for TOOLS, click it, then INTERNET OPTIONS .

George May 8th, 2007 11:24 AM

Hey Dale,

Got curious about this, so I checked it out on my wife's pc.

Both are XP Home upgraded from 98SE.
Both are Windows XP Version 5.1, build 2600, and have SP2.
Both are running Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180.

When I right click the I.E. desktop shortcut on mine I get the following menu:
BROWSE THE INTERNET
INTERNET PROPERTIES
SEND TO(WITH THE ARROW)
CUT
COPY
CREATE SHORTCUT
DELETE
RENAME
PROPERTIES

On my wife's, the menu is:
OPEN HOME PAGE