MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Songverter Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Problem with file conversion (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=9661)

wb6bna January 10th, 2008 05:42 PM

Problem with file conversion

Hello, I am having a problem when converting kma files to anything but bin extensions. When I convert a kma from Hoster to any other format and try to play it with Microstudio it crashes. I works well with bin files though. Can you advise???

Thanks Alan :m :e

ddouglass January 10th, 2008 09:19 PM

Which version and what operating system?
You would really be better off though posting this in the Songverter Help Forum rather than Songverter New Features, and would get help a lot quicker.

wb6bna January 10th, 2008 10:53 PM

songverter help

I am using the current demo version 1.002 and win xp home sp3

ddouglass January 11th, 2008 11:55 AM

Admin would have to verify, but I believe the Demo is restricted to only do certain things to give you a feel of how the program works.

wb6bna January 11th, 2008 06:38 PM

sonverter help

I realize there are limitations to the demo, but I don't believe it should cause Microstudio to give and error and shut down. I feel if I purchase the program it will stillo have the same problem. Thanks Alan

admin January 14th, 2008 04:52 PM

Be sure you have done ALL Windows Updates using the CUSTOM not EXPRESS option. If there is anything to download and install, that might explain what you are seeing.

I'll talk to our staff to see if they are aware of anything that would cause what you are reporting.

admin January 14th, 2008 05:22 PM

Alan, we need a bit of info from you.

1. Find and identify the KMA file you are testing with.

2. In Hoster, add this song to the Playlist and view the TYPE field.

3. Post here what TYPE it is (CDCDG, HDZIP, HDBIN, HDCDG, etc.).

We'll test this tomorrow morning if you have posted the Type.

Thank you! :)

wb6bna January 14th, 2008 08:42 PM

microstudio crashes

Thanks. I just checked the file type and they are cdcdg files. I just tried to convert a kma file to a wma+cdg and it crashed Microstudio. Thanks again Alan

ddouglass January 14th, 2008 11:36 PM

You converted a KMA file to a WMA+G and tried to play it in Microstudio. What version of Microstudio?
Also since XP doesn't have a SP3 yet I would guess that you have SP2. Have you done all of the Custom updates from Microsoft or are you depending on the Auto Update to keep it current?

wb6bna January 15th, 2008 12:12 PM

microstudio crash

Thank you. I am using xp sp3 from Microsoft and Microstudio 2.617. Tried it again last evening with same resuly. Only .bin files will play in Microstudio

ddouglass January 15th, 2008 03:05 PM

Microstudio doesn't play any file types except BIN (CDG) until version 4.000 so I am afraid you are out of luck with that unless you upgrade.

Also, I hope you are not running that Beta SP3 on your show computer.:e

wb6bna January 17th, 2008 01:21 AM

microstudio crash

Thanks for your info. I amwondering why do you hope I am not running beta sp3??

ddouglass January 17th, 2008 11:24 AM

You are taking a lot of chance that there is nothing wrong with the beta and that it won't mess up during a show is all.

wb6bna January 18th, 2008 12:00 AM

sp3

Thanks. I don't have it on my laptops. I also clone my hard drives so I have backup.. Thanks Again Alan

admin January 18th, 2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wb6bna (Post 69693)
Thank you. I am using xp sp3 from Microsoft and Microstudio 2.617. Tried it again last evening with same resuly. Only .bin files will play in Microstudio

You can always see what features have been added to Microstudio or other products by run the program, click Help on the Menu Bar, then "Check for Updates" to see the Upgrades page for that product. For Microstudio, it is at: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/microstudio.htm

You can see that 4.000 - 4.003 added support for the other file formats, in addition to .BIN. :w