MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hide in Songbook Question (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11212)

rickyrey January 20th, 2009 11:45 PM

Hide in Songbook Question

Is there anyone out there that may tell me why I keep losing the hide in songbook selection if I already done it and print one set of catalogs before?:?

I have 10,000+ songs and it will be the third time that I have to go through all of them but keep losing the checkbox as if I never done it before.

ddouglass January 21st, 2009 12:55 AM

You don't actually lose it as it is still stored as such in the database and will not be printed if that exclusion is used when you print.
If you look at an individual song in Edit Songs it does not show this information. However, if it is one that is hidden and you make a change to it in edit and don't check that box again it will be reset to show.

rickyrey January 21st, 2009 02:16 AM

How come I select "exclude from songbook", "hide in songbook" and still get the complete catalog?

marklwood January 21st, 2009 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrey (Post 88497)
How come I select "exclude from songbook", "hide in songbook" and still get the complete catalog?

What version of Hoster are you running?
Did you rebuild the database in between?

rickyrey January 21st, 2009 03:37 AM

Maybe it happened because I had been checking the songs.mdb with Excel?

I do that because sometimes I get and error that says something about zero string or something like that. I can not look at that error using MTU/Hoster/BuildSongError. The disc id that it shows does not match any disc that I have.

rickyrey January 21st, 2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marklwood (Post 88498)
What version of Hoster are you running?
Did you rebuild the database in between?

I am running Hoster 4.06 and yes I rebuild the database because sometimes I use my desktop to upload CDs.

The exclude from "exclude checked item" is working because I hid 9 songs from songbook 9 just now and they are not in the catalog that I just created. I can't explain why the info is not there now.

Is there anyone that can tell me where is that info stored??? Is it within the *.kma or is a *.mdb???

marklwood January 21st, 2009 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrey (Post 88500)
Is there anyone that can tell me where is that info stored??? Is it within the *.kma or is a *.mdb???

It is stored in the .kma header. The reason I was asking about version is because I complained about the same thing when 4.0 first came out. I spent 100 plus hours going through all my files editing and marking hide. Then I had to rebuild my database and lost all the hide marks.

I am sorry, I can't remember the resolution to this and I can't seem to find the answer. I have been looking, but I can't find it. Maybe Dale or someone else can remember.

rickyrey January 21st, 2009 04:52 AM

Now, now

You are not alone

I have to complain about the time that I lost too

Thanks for your response!!!

Did you resolve it???

Would like to ask if there is a solution so I won't have to spend that time again???

marklwood January 21st, 2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrey (Post 88502)
Did you resolve it???

Would like to ask if there is a solution so I won't have to spend that time again???

I think there was, but like I said, I can't remember it. The solution I used was not to rebuild my database. My primary and my backup are identical. When I get new CDGs, I load them on one and then copy the files, along with the database, to the other machine.

ddouglass January 21st, 2009 12:55 PM

The setting is stored in the songs.mdb file. There is a field for Hide in Songbook. If it isn't hidden it has "No" in the column and if it is hidden the field is blank.
I cannot find it in the KMA at least nothing that jumps out to say it is hidden. The only way I can read one is in notepad and there is no real organization in it. That may be why Hide disappears when you rebuild.
I don't know of any fix for this if that is the case. I only print my books from one computer and it is the same one I import through also so I never worry about whether the show primary has that information.

Videopro123 January 21st, 2009 02:51 PM

I was wondering the same thing as I started to go through my files. If after you select "hide in songbook", it stays there until you rebuild the database. So to make the "hide" permanent, how are the kjs out there doing this to make the hidden songs stay that way thru database rebuilds? Is it by changing genres or language of the song then checking to exclude that in the songbook print section? Thanks for any help on this matter

marklwood January 21st, 2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videopro123 (Post 88518)
I was wondering the same thing as I started to go through my files. If after you select "hide in songbook", it stays there until you rebuild the database. So to make the "hide" permanent, how are the kjs out there doing this to make the hidden songs stay that way thru database rebuilds? Is it by changing genres or language of the song then checking to exclude that in the songbook print section? Thanks for any help on this matter

THAT WAS IT!!! That's how I worked around it prior to rebuilding the database. I used the language tag to divide mine out. I marked them all Greek, then excluded them from the songbook print. I wanted to leave them in the database as backup for any problem files or I would have just deleted them.