MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   duplicating disc (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=2960)

wb6bna November 3rd, 2003 12:32 PM

duplicating disc

This past Saturday I tried to duplicate a Sound Choice disc which has the first eight tracks as regular Karaoke and tracks 9 thru 16 have the vocal parts. When I tried to duplicate this disc I received and error message which said something like you cannot copy a disc that has multiple tracks. I then tried to import the tracks and was able to import 15 of them. The 16th went to about 80% and stopped there. The time on all tracks showed the correct length but track 16 showed 7 plus minutes even though the song is actually about 4.5 minutes. What's wrong??

gduns - with the Lord November 3rd, 2003 01:18 PM

some kinda new copy protection sound choice & top tunes are using you can copy all but the last track. I dont have answers it does it to me too.

wb6bna November 3rd, 2003 01:34 PM

duplicating

I just called sound choice and they tell me that this cetain disc doesn't have this protection on it. He also told me that it illegal to copy their disc even if it for myself as backup.

nreel November 3rd, 2003 02:05 PM

Multisession Info

What you have is a Sound Choice STAR SERIES CDG. The 17th Track is a SOUND CHOICE "Advertising" Data Track (non-Karaoke format), which makes the whole Disc a MULTISESSION DISC.

Currently, MTU's MICROSTUDIO does NOT support MULTISESSION Discs for WHOLE DISC COPYING. However, you can use "CUSTOM ASSEMBLY" and copy Tracks 1-16 to IMAGE and then, burn the IMAGE to a CDR. Basically, you create a non-multisession BACKUP.

When using CUSTOM ASSEMBLY, only "check" boxes 1-16. DO NOT "check" the box for Track 17 (you do not need Track 17 on the Backup anyway).

Because CDG Track 16 is NEXT TO Data Track 17, for some reason, unknown to me, an erroneous TIME calculation occurs, probably due to the time gap between the TWO SESSIONS, but just my opinion.

Also, when MICROSTUDIO attempts to copy Track 16, MICROSTUDIO may "HANG" 2/3's the way through reading the CDG Track. If this happens, you may wish to consult other excerpts throughout these forums as there much information concerning this subject.

For more information, do a SEARCH (button in upper right hand corner) and type in the word MULTISESSION.

FYI:
A Multisession disc is created when at least TWO separate WRITING occurrences take place on a CDR. In other words, when data is burned on a CDR (cdg data or non-cdg data) a BURNING SESSION takes place. Usually, only ONE burning session takes place and, no matter how much data you burn to the CDR (1 BYTE on up to the CDR's MAX CAPACITY), if you FINALIZE/CLOSE the session, no more data can ever be burned to that CDR.

MULTISESSION takes place when the CDR is NOT Finalized and another, SEPARATE, burning session takes place.

You will find that SOUND CHOICE uses this format on all their CD product lines (i.e. Spotlight, Bricks, PowerPicks, etc.).

Hope this helps,

Norm

George November 3rd, 2003 02:26 PM

Norm is right on.

I've read somewhere on these forums, if, as Norm pointed it "hangs" on the 16th(or the next to the last track whatever the number) to check all 17 tracks for importing, and as soon as it gets into the 17th track, eject the cd.

Can't swear by this, but others have said it will work on a multisession disc.

George

wb6bna November 3rd, 2003 04:08 PM

duplicating

I don't remember if I checked all tracks or not. I will try this and see what happens. Thanks. I will post again if it works Alan

wb6bna November 3rd, 2003 04:13 PM

duplicating

Thanks NReel. This I think is exactly what is happening. I could not duplicate, but I could import up to track 15. Then it hung up at track 16 approx 2/3rds. I tried it several times with the same results. I will try both suggestions and post a reply if either works.. Thanks Alan

mlepine November 3rd, 2003 07:55 PM

Eject...

George is correct, eject is the only option to finalised the import when it get stuck on the last track, I tried it & it works.

Thanks

wb6bna November 3rd, 2003 11:10 PM

duplicating

Thanks to all who posted replies to my problem with duplicating. I imported the tracks as I did Saturday, and when it stopped on #16 I ejected the disc and got an error. I went to play and played track 16 and worked great. I really appreciate the input and help..I am always here in case anyone else needs help with a problem I encountered and overcame. Thanks again...Alan

gduns - with the Lord November 4th, 2003 07:42 AM

Still.......

They can call it copy protection, or they can call it dog biscuits. it still all adds up to the same thing. This is their latest form of copy protection for the average joe.

mlepine November 4th, 2003 02:30 PM

SC Sound Quality

We may not all agree on their way of doing things at Sound Choice but one thing I can say, what a good quality of recording!

These guys are by far the best manufacture of cdg's when it comes to sound quality.

We could easily use their arrangements & go in a studio to record our self, of course once we pay the rights!!

NightFlight November 19th, 2003 01:59 PM

Duplicating

I just backed up 7 disks from Top Tunes that also would not let me copy the last track. I used the "Add track from CD". I though I would have to be content with not getting the last track of each disk. I found that if I left the last song off and ejected my cd from the Plextor I could reinsert the disk and it would copy the last track completley and did not hang up. The only thing I don't like is having to copy each track manually pushing buttons etc. Have to baby sit this thing. It will not take all the tracks in at once. I have to use the "Add track from CD"

Hope this works everyone else too.

wb6bna November 19th, 2003 10:27 PM

duplicating disc

I followed George's suggestion above and it worked well. Just selected all tracks but the very last one that had a time of about 45 seconds and it hung up on track 16, I ejected the cd and all were there. Thanks and good luck to you Alan