MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Songverter Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Need answer about Songverter (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=9240)

alpfleger August 26th, 2007 08:30 PM

Need answer about Songverter

Will Songverter batch process a whole folder and "nested folders" to convert Zip to kma files(in one try) ie I have a large number of karaoke files that I am playing with Sax and Dotty's Hoster. I want to use the KTU Hoster but it seems I would need to go into each and every folder in order to convert to kma.

Thanks,
AL

ddouglass August 26th, 2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpfleger (Post 65195)
Will Songverter batch process a whole folder and "nested folders" to convert Zip to kma files(in one try) ie I have a large number of karaoke files that I am playing with Sax and Dotty's Hoster. I want to use the KTU Hoster but it seems I would need to go into each and every folder in order to convert to kma.

Thanks,
AL

You can batch convert all in one folder but not in nested folders. How are you zip files named?

alpfleger August 27th, 2007 12:51 AM

Hello,
ie, starting out there are at least two directories to go through then, ie /DK folder/dk047/dk047-01/blah blah.cdg and blah blah.zip.

If I need to go into each folder ie, al dks, then all XX folders then will take forever. There are about three thousand folders.

AL

mindonstrike August 27th, 2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpfleger (Post 65195)

Thanks,
AL

First of all, you want to use Hoster to import these files rather than Songverter.
Caveat: Test some of your zips tomake sure they are compatable with Hoster (IE they are not max compressed). If they are max compressed you will want to use the zip to zip feature in Sonverter to fix that before importing into Hoster.

Secondly here's some instructions on dealing with nested folders. The only difference would be instead of moving mp3 and cdg separately you could just move the mp3's (or .cdg) that are in zip files. which would eliminate one of the steps.

Sam

jahern August 27th, 2007 12:32 PM

Jumping In

If you have a bunch of files that are zip files, do a search in your big folder for zip. This will list all the zip files in your subfolders. Then copy, or cut and paste them into your one converting folder.

I'm finding while working with Microstudio and Songverter that it makes sense to save each disc into it's own folder, that way I can get a quick look at the files, if they imported correctly etc., before "Songverting" them (New verb :g ) Sometimes, my songs import but incompletely the first time, and I need to give Microstudio another go at the Disc. Once you have a string of files, it's real difficult to see what disc they come from. Then I transfer the files to a converting folder and "Songvert" them

Doesn't Hoster play zip files already?

admin August 27th, 2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahern (Post 65213)
Doesn't Hoster play zip files already?

Yep. You can import (convert) ZIP files to KMA IF... they are not zipped wtih MAX compression.

Songerverter can convert ZIPs with MAX to Standard compression. We'll add this new code into Hoster 4.0 when it releases.

alpfleger August 28th, 2007 04:21 PM

Reply to Jahern

Thanks ALL.

Yes Hoster does import the zips but not the nested folders. But I will try your suggestion. It may work.

AL