MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Karaoke.net store not loading, crashing Hoster (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=16969)

DannyGsKaraoke August 29th, 2017 07:41 PM

Karaoke.net store not loading, crashing Hoster

I tried to use the karaoke.net store at a show yesterday and it would not load and ended up crashing Hoster in the middle of a song. I then tried to use it tonight after the upgrade to the newest version and it still won\'t load and causes Hoster to crash. It turns out that the song that I was trying to find is only available on Karaoke Version but it would be nice to be able to get songs off of karaoke.net as well. Is it possible that karaoke.net trying to integrate the streaming might have anything to do with this?

Roy Dennis August 29th, 2017 08:14 PM

Re: Karaoke.net store not loading, crashing Hoster

When you say it would not load, when you click on karaoke.net does it go through the process loading songs and show the dialog loading 9xxxx songs, if so does that complete with the list of songs ?

Or are you pressing the refresh songs button every time ?

The refresh button only allows a refresh once a day I believe but should still work OK but inform you that you can only refresh once a day.

Once the list is on your computer it builds the list from a Zip file in the Hoster data folder (karaokenet_songs.zip) so at that point is not using an internet connection.
When you refresh that list it is using an internet connection so could affect Hoster performance especially if the connection is bad.

I recommend refreshing the list before a show that way you have the updated database on your computer. It will then only connect to the internet to download the actual songs.

Have you not had it working at all since it was introduced or has it suddenly stopped working ?

Have you registered an account ?

DannyGsKaraoke August 29th, 2017 09:33 PM

I have had an account with them from day one of their existence and have bought several times from them through their website but have never used the Hoster store. I was actually trying to see if they had a certain song but wasn\'t planning on buying it on the spot due to lack of funds which is why I am hoping that they get the streaming service integrated into it so that I can pay at the beginning of the month and actually have access to all of the songs that they have all month long instead of having to tell the person at a show late in the month that I just don\'t have the money needed to purchase that song that they desperately want to sing.

DannyGsKaraoke August 29th, 2017 10:05 PM

I just tried again and it is not even giving me a number of songs. It just recently started doing it. When I first installed Hoster and clicked on buy songs and then clicked on the karaoke.net store it brought up the songs perfectly. Now when I click on the karaoke.net store it shows not responding and then the message that Hoster needs to shut down pops up and gives me only the option to close the program. I can\'t find the zip file that it was supposed to create as well.

Lonman August 30th, 2017 05:13 AM

Working fine here, might want to try to uninstall and reinstall Hoster.

Roy Dennis August 30th, 2017 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If the karaokenet_songs.zip is missing from your Hoster data folder you should get a notice telling you so as shown in attachment.

You say you cant find the zip file that it creates, unless you changed the destination of your Hoster Datafolder it will be in a hidden folder (C:/ProgramData/mtu.com/Hoster)
The easiest way to find the folder is from the Hoster/Tools Menu/Hoster Data Folder.

It might have got corrupted, if you can find it I should delete it but make sure you close Hoster before deleting it. Then start Hoster, select Buy songs and select Karaoke.net and it should bring up that dialog you see in my attachment, select yes to get a fresh copy.

Mine sometimes shows not responding for a short while but I think thats just while its trying to make an internet connection, it normally only lasts a few seconds.

Only other thing I can think of is if your security software is blocking it.

DannyGsKaraoke August 30th, 2017 06:19 AM

File must have been corrupted. I followed your instructions for finding the file
Closed Hoster and deleted the file. Reopened Hoster and clicked on buy songs. Clicked on karaoke.net and the box that you said would appear appeared. Clicked on yes and the store downloaded fine. So everything is working now. Thanks for the help.

Roy Dennis August 30th, 2017 06:23 AM

Thanks for confirming that was the problem.
Ill close this thread now.