MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Re-number songs (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17297)

Lloyd Te Kani November 4th, 2020 06:57 PM

Re-number songs

Hi guys. I have not used Hoster as a karaoke host for some five years. I have version 5.50.04 installed on my laptop and have decided to host again but have found that whilst all the songs that I used in the past are still indexed I am no longer able to access one particular folder. Obviously I do not want to simply reload them in the normal manner as this would create duplicate song entries. How can I reload this particular folder of songs and still use the original song reference numbers or will I have to simply reload and delete them?

Roy Dennis November 6th, 2020 05:40 AM

Re: Re-number songs

Try this:
Open the Build Database dialog, look down the list of folders in the bottom window and see if the folder in question is there.
If not use the Add Folder button to add it to the list.
As you add it to the list it should build any songs found in that folder to the database provided that the folder contains the original kma or kmh files.

If the folder is already showing highlighting it should display a list of the songs in that folder in the right hand panel.
While that folder is selected press the Rescan button. After the scan it should bring up a window saying XX amount of songs added to DataBase.

See how you get on with that.

Lloyd Te Kani November 6th, 2020 10:19 PM

Hi Roy, Really appreciate your help on this. It seems that when I initially loaded this particular folder into my laptop, for some inexplicable reason, I gave it a totally different path/location to the other folders I use but it functioned normally. I have moved countries and cities during the intervening years and made some changes to my karaoke system but the long and short of it is, I\'m now aware of where the error is. How can I now relocate that particular folder to the same location as the others so that it operates as it should?

Kind regards
Lloyd Te Kani

Roy Dennis November 7th, 2020 06:44 AM

If it is just a single folder I would again open the Build database dialog, Look down the list of folders again, if the folder is showing there select it then click on the “Remove folder” button.
If the folder is available and already indexed it will remove those entries from the existing database.

If there is no path to the folder in question ignore above.
Move the whole folder and contents from it’s existing place to where you want it stored (copy and paste will do).

Now go back to the build database dialog, this time use the Add Folder Button or if the folder contains sub folders use the Add Folder/Subfolders button and Brows to the new location and Press “Select”

This will then add the songs to the database in their new location.

Hope this solves your problem.

Lloyd Te Kani November 8th, 2020 09:07 PM

Hi again Roy. I\\\'m indebted to you for the accurate advice you\\\'ve provided for this and other problems I\\\'ve experienced over the years. Just one final query re this particular problem. Can you advise how I transfer all songs (some 10 folders) from one of my laptops to another please so that the song books for both are the same.

Thanks again.

Lloyd Te Kani

Roy Dennis November 9th, 2020 07:35 AM

The easiest way is to use a USB drive with high enough capacity to copy and paste from 1st computer then copy again from USB drive to 2nd computer.
If you don’t have an external USB drive then might be a good investment to get one as is handy for backup purposes and a relatively cheap.

The other ways are through linking your computers via network or Bluetooth.
Setting that up is too complex for me to advise on this forum suggest you watch some videos on YouTube for advice on that.
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNeo7O6ImAo

If you want to make the second computer a duplicate of original make sure the copied folders follow identical file paths as original.

Then use the Backup/Restore feature to duplicate all the settings of both computers again using an external USB drive to store the backup on and to restore.
The Backup/Restore function is located from Help Menu/Backup/Restore.