MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Singtrix Compatility With Hoster (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=17227)

Wrahn July 21st, 2019 10:48 AM

Singtrix Compatility With Hoster

I just chanced upon this advert for Singtrix:
https://www.singtrix.com/pages/help

Has anyone had experience with this product, and if so, is it compatible with Hoster.

I have a similar function on my wife\'s Yamaha Clavinova which allows selection of back-up choirs and other vocal effects, which is a lot of fun for parties.

Not sure ir Singtrix would be a benefit for KJ pros, but if it worked with Hoster, it would be great for home parties.

Thanks,
Wes

Roy Dennis July 22nd, 2019 06:44 AM

Re: Singtrix Compatility With Hoster

I see no reason why it would not be compatible with Hoster as you would just use the computers output in place of a mobile phone or tablet.

It looks much the same as a thing I tried some years ago TC Helcion voice live play. I still have it and never use it, Targeted as a professional unit for solo singers. I played around with it, never used it in a show. I could not come to terms with the milliseconds of lag between hearing my own voice in my head to that coming from the speakers, more extreme the effect the more lag.
They are basically an effect processor, my mixer has a lot of the effects on it but less extreme and less noticeable lag.
That’s my opinion, others might differ.

Wrahn July 22nd, 2019 08:32 AM

Roy,

Once again, thanks for your answer to my question. You always can be counted on to be there when someone needs your expertise.

Thanks again,
Wes:)

kod July 22nd, 2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 137237)
I see no reason why it would not be compatible with Hoster as you would just use the computers output in place of a mobile phone or tablet.

It looks much the same as a thing I tried some years ago TC Helcion voice live play. I still have it and never use it, Targeted as a professional unit for solo singers. I played around with it, never used it in a show. I could not come to terms with the milliseconds of lag between hearing my own voice in my head to that coming from the speakers, more extreme the effect the more lag.
They are basically an effect processor, my mixer has a lot of the effects on it but less extreme and less noticeable lag.
That’s my opinion, others might differ.

Roy,

Glad you posted this about the TC Helicon because I have been looking hard at the TC Helicon Harmony Singer 2 for 6-8 months and have not been able to decide. The YouTube reviews make it look great, but we all know how that happens!

WaltR July 23rd, 2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kod (Post 137241)
Roy,

Glad you posted this about the TC Helicon because I have been looking hard at the TC Helicon Harmony Singer 2 for 6-8 months and have not been able to decide. The YouTube reviews make it look great, but we all know how that happens!

I have the TC Helicon 2 and it is great. I don\'t use it for karaoke shows but use it in my solo shows. There is a lot of effects that are useless to me but it is a great product. I would look at the TC Helicon 3. I think it offers much more.
:g

kod July 23rd, 2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltR (Post 137245)
I have the TC Helicon 2 and it is great. I don\\\\\\\'t use it for karaoke shows but use it in my solo shows. There is a lot of effects that are useless to me but it is a great product. I would look at the TC Helicon 3. I think it offers much more.
:g

Thanks Walt...

I will check it out!

Wrahn July 23rd, 2019 03:05 PM

Thanks for all the responses.:) If I get either of the vocal changers, how would I connect it to my current system?

I have Hoster and the Karaoke songs on my Laptop. I have the TV monitor connected to the laptop and my sound from the laptop connected via USB to a Bose T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine (mixer) and the mics to the T1 and the output from the T1 to a Bose L1 Compact Line Array System (power speaker).

Thanks for any help,

kod July 23rd, 2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrahn (Post 137247)
Thanks for all the responses.:) If I get either of the vocal changers, how would I connect it to my current system?

I have Hoster and the Karaoke songs on my Laptop. I have the TV monitor connected to the laptop and my sound from the laptop connected via USB to a Bose T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine (mixer) and the mics to the T1 and the output from the T1 to a Bose L1 Compact Line Array System (power speaker).

Thanks for any help,

Since I am not familiar with SingTrix, I can not tell you, but with the TC Helicon, as I understand it, goes between the microphone cable and the mixer.

You will hook your microphone cable to the TC Helicon input and then hook a cable from the TC Helicon output to the mixer.

WaltR July 24th, 2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrahn (Post 137247)

Thanks for any help,

With the TC Helicon, you plug the mic into the TC Helicon but you also have to plug a cable from you music source to the Helicon in order for it to use the mic for harmonies. It has to sense the key that the music is in. I don\'t know if this is necessary for the Helicon 3 but I am guessing it is.

Roy Dennis January 27th, 2020 05:51 AM

Thread now closed as no further posts received