MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Vogone Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Beta Testers Notes - V2.008 starting on 07/25/01 (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=640)

admin July 24th, 2001 01:08 AM

V2.008 - Post your comments here

This is almost the final Production Release... we hope. We will try to get the Stop button to rename back to the Play title faster, but Windows is giving us grief for now. :r

If you don't find any problems, the basic code is a go and the next release will be for your final approval for Production Release.

Please post here as soon as you download and run this version, and tell us if you find any problems.

Thanks to all of you who have been testing Vogone with us. Your help has been invaluable in bringing Vogone to this stage. :)

Brian Corr July 24th, 2001 02:48 AM

:g Uninstalled Vogone 2.007 then installed Vogone 2.008

No problems to report. Played about with a wav file for a few minutes before I head to work. It all loads up fine.

The loop plays fine. The VU meter works well as adjusting the output made some terrible noises with the RED peak illuminated.

Will try some more tonight.

DonWhite July 24th, 2001 06:40 AM

Installation works properly now. The manual ends up in the correct location.

Program starts with no problem.

The 'Adjust Filters and Channels Top to Bottom' buttons and sliders have been rearranged but the tab order was not adjusted.

kellifa July 24th, 2001 10:35 AM

I am Testing Vogone 2.008

I downloaded Vogone 2.008 and had no problem installing it and it seems to be up and running just fine. I will report in more detail later.

Peace, Kelli

djkaraok July 24th, 2001 02:07 PM

Good Job

Great! I downloaded the new 2.08 version and it installed correctly and when I selected the icon from the desktop it also works now. The manual appears to have such a major remake that I will re-read the manual and follow the instructions in order to see if the neophyte can use the product. It is a much more impressive manual at first glance. Great Job!

Jerry

joethermo July 24th, 2001 02:12 PM

Downloaded and installed fine. Went through the manual and processed first song. When I selected the name to save to and "write", sorry to report, it continues to write endlessly (looping). I had to cnt-alt-del to end Vogone (not responding). Did this twice to varify. I'm going to clean up some files and try again.

JOE:m

Brian Corr July 24th, 2001 05:21 PM

Have just tried out the above fault and I get the same thing.

djkaraok July 24th, 2001 06:18 PM

Universal Problem

Oops! Seems like the same problem with the looping is consistent with a variety of users including me.

Jerry

DonWhite July 24th, 2001 08:26 PM

The save problem mentioned by joethermo, Brian Corr and djkaraok seems to occur only if you adjust either the Loop Start or Loop End settings.

If you set the Loop Start and Loop End back to the start and end, respectively, of the file then the Write File option works properly.

It might be possible to reset Loop Start and Loop End to their initial positions when the Write File buttom is clicked, prior to outputting the file.

DonWhite July 24th, 2001 08:40 PM

Oops. Bite my tongue. Sometimes, resetting the loop controls to the extremes does not work.

MikeP July 25th, 2001 01:43 AM

My testing has revealed the same issues as already reported.
The increased amplitude can cause terrible noises to appear and will have to be handled very carefully. I would like to hear from other testers regarding this issue as I'm not 100% convinced that there isn't a more serious problem with it. It might be worth adding appropriate text to the manual in the troubleshooting area about this.
I'm not going to do the write file test as it is clear from other posts that there is a bug to fix.

Apart from these two issues, I think it's great!

kellifa July 25th, 2001 08:55 AM

I am testing V2.008

When I first ran this new version, it all started out great. I did run into the same problem with the loop that everyone else is having, but when I did a CONT/ALT/DEL to get out of it, it still saved the new file. So I thought, OK, this is working. I probably just goofed up something somewhere to get caught in the loop. However, (after telling Dave I wasn't having any problems) after I did some testing, it did go into the loop everytime, although when interrupted as above, when I went back the new file was saved. But, when I play back the file, it doesn't reflect the changes that I made before I saved it. It comes out the same as the original song. Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to mislead you. By the way, I am running Windows ME.
I was really happy with the amount of vocals I could remove (and this is the first version that has come even close to doing that). I could remove almost all of the lead singers voice, I could remove the lead singers voice and leave the back up, I could have a lot of fun playing with a song. But it won't save the changes I made in the song. It does go into the Loop, I break in and stop it, I have the new file I set up and named, but there are no changes saved.
I did three songs, Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks, The Little Girl - John Michael Montgomery & Barbara Ann-The Beachboys.
I don't know if you need to be concerned about the bizarre noises (special effects?) that you can get when you play around with the controls, especially when you go into the red zone, but I can make a song sound really weird. I think people will have to be really careful when adjusting the controls.
Peace,
Kelli

admin August 17th, 2001 10:47 AM

Fixed the bugs!

We found and version 2.009 has the fixes for the problems you have reported in version 2.008.

Great Job folks! :g