MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Singers & Hosts Wisdom (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Question About Another Program (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10682)

KaraokeDj38030 September 11th, 2008 01:19 AM

Question About Another Program

:eA fellow KJ and freind of mine has just gone computerized and I believe he has made a terrible error in his choice of program for his show He decided to use a program called Compuhost... Has anyone ever used this program what are the pro's and cons of it's use. I for one would never trade my Hoster for anything else. Is this program a ganaric form of Hoster, He has 30 days to decide if he likes it or not. After 30 days he can not get a refund. He used it for the first time tonight and had many problems. I have tryed to sway him to the Hoster Program but to no aval. I am afraid he is going to get stuck with this program that he may not enjoy in the future.Any advice on this program that I may pass on to him would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.

WHY WOULD ANYONE USE ANYTHING BUT HOSTER!!!!

madjim- with the Lord September 11th, 2008 01:49 AM

Those of us who are led to use Hoster are blessed, I know that's how it is for me and I've learned in my fifty years on this planet, not to buck GOD. :r :w If they get, they get it, if not I pray for them. :e You did the right thing by telling them about Hoster but whether he uses it or not is not your decision.

I've never used any program but Hoster and have no reason to even look at different one so I've never used whatever program you mentioned. :f :r :w

Jim :g

KaraokeDj38030 September 11th, 2008 02:05 AM

scarey thought

I know it is a scarey thought to even think about using anything else, I pray he seeks the wisdom of other KJ's who know the world of Hoster. I know I wouldn't use any other program and pray that I never have to use disc again but will if an emergancy arose and had to. I know nothing about this other program just lerry of it as I have never heard anything about it til recently, I am lucky I HAD A GREAT MENTOR THAT POINTED ME ALONG THE HOSTER PATH. :r

madjim- with the Lord September 11th, 2008 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaraokeDj38030 (Post 81510)

I am lucky I HAD A GREAT MENTOR THAT POINTED ME ALONG THE HOSTER PATH. :r

You are blessed to have someone tell you about Hoster and smart to ask. :w

Back when I was running my show with a couple hundred CD+G discs, I was working one night and a guy told me about a program that one of his friends used. I checked out the web site (didn't even try the demo) and didn't like what I saw.

I did a search on AltaVista (if anybody remembers them :r) and found MTU. See GOD will get those to Hoster that he wants using Hoster. You are helping folks by telling them what a great program Hoster is. Will they listen......? We can only pray. :r :w

Thanks for being a great particapant in this forum. :) :c

goonie227 September 22nd, 2008 09:45 PM

Class

Quote:

Originally Posted by madjim (Post 81521)
You are blessed to have someone tell you about Hoster and smart to ask. :w

Back when I was running my show with a couple hundred CD+G discs, I was working one night and a guy told me about a program that one of his friends used. I checked out the web site (didn't even try the demo) and didn't like what I saw.

I did a search on AltaVista (if anybody remembers them :r) and found MTU. See GOD will get those to Hoster that he wants using Hoster. You are helping folks by telling them what a great program Hoster is. Will they listen......? We can only pray. :r :w

Thanks for being a great particapant in this forum. :) :c

Jim
I am glad tosee you have some class compuhost users on another forum I go to sometimes slam Hoster all the time and thensay they have never tried it.
Dick:g

madjim- with the Lord September 22nd, 2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goonie227 (Post 82457)
Jim
I am glad tosee you have some class compuhost users on another forum I go to sometimes slam Hoster all the time and thensay they have never tried it.

Thanks Dick,
I appreciate the kind words. When I was in sales professionally I learned to never slam the competition, no matter how bad their produict was or how poor their service was. As I got older, I realized that the benifits from using this priniciple work in all areas of my life.

I just told the truth and got my point across without making anybody look bad. Ready for this Dick? I haven't touched a disc in over three years. Last month was the first time I've ever been to the website of the porgram you mentioned. :e :w :r :c

Thanks again.

goonie227 September 25th, 2008 08:08 PM

Jim

You are forgetting your new discs I hope you have bought a few in three Years.:t:t

madjim- with the Lord September 26th, 2008 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goonie227 (Post 82687)
You are forgetting your new discs I hope you have bought a few in three Years.:t:t

Ha ha ha, yea I touched all of them once, loading them into Hoster! :e :r :w :c

I like your sense of humor Dick. :g :g

billyo October 6th, 2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaraokeDj38030 (Post 81505)
:eA fellow KJ and freind of mine has just gone computerized and I believe he has made a terrible error in his choice of program for his show He decided to use a program called Compuhost... Has anyone ever used this program what are the pro's and cons of it's use. I for one would never trade my Hoster for anything else. Is this program a ganaric form of Hoster, He has 30 days to decide if he likes it or not. After 30 days he can not get a refund. He used it for the first time tonight and had many problems. I have tryed to sway him to the Hoster Program but to no aval. I am afraid he is going to get stuck with this program that he may not enjoy in the future.Any advice on this program that I may pass on to him would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.

WHY WOULD ANYONE USE ANYTHING BUT HOSTER!!!!

I dowloaded the compuhost demo, it was complicated, i wouldn't even know where to start..and you have to subscribe to kjpro in order for you to get the artist, disc id and song titles when you import a disc, and there's a fee for everytime they have an upgrade, i've been asking the same question "WHY WOULD ANYONE USE ANYTHING BUT HOSTER ":):):)