MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Microstudio Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Windows XP unable to initialize aspi manager (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=1661)

Mikey Mike December 31st, 2002 12:19 AM

Windows XP unable to initialize aspi manager

After having upgraded to Windows XP, I reloaded Microstudio, but I get an error message when I try to start the program, it says:"Error! Unable to initialize the aspi manager ASPI support information was not found! Can somebody please help?

Mikey Mike December 31st, 2002 12:23 AM

Oh, and I already tried upgrading the aspi layers, still the same!

kjzone December 31st, 2002 09:40 AM

Using the program ASPI Checker.exe that version does it say you have and how many files does it say you have?

Mikey Mike December 31st, 2002 11:23 AM

Where can I get that program from, the aspi checker exe?

Mikey Mike December 31st, 2002 11:41 AM

I ran the aspicheck and I get the following message: ASPI is not properly installed. One or more components have been replaced with older versions of the software!
What should I do now, any suggestions please?

kjzone December 31st, 2002 11:43 AM

You can search the internet.
Under search just put "aspi checker"

kjzone December 31st, 2002 11:46 AM

For Windows XP you need Apsi 4.70 get it and install.

If it won't install you need a program call "Force Aspi 1.7"

Both should be easy to find on the Internet or e-mail me and I will send both.

If your aspi layer is not working the program won't work.

Mikey Mike December 31st, 2002 12:01 PM

I've tried to install those aspi drivers, but I still get the same error! I even deleted the aspi folder and reinstalled, but to no avail!

jim in ohio December 31st, 2002 12:40 PM

Mikey Mike,
If you are using version 2.314 to 2.316 you can upgrade free to the new version 2.400 using your old e-mail link sent you by MTU when you purchased micro studio. the ASPI drivers are now included in the down load program, and should take care of your problems, and XP.
If you do this, the threads have been telling to first uninstall your old version before installing the new. Here is a link to the thread with some of the new install messages:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1658

Jim

Mikey Mike December 31st, 2002 02:41 PM

Well I now got the program to run, I upgraded to version 2.400, but now the proggy doesn't recognise my drives! I got two plextor 16/10/40A burners which had always worked fine! Now Microstudio doesn't see them! :((

kjzone December 31st, 2002 02:53 PM

Did you re-boot your computer after the MicroStudio Upgrade?

Try re-booting.

Mikey Mike January 1st, 2003 06:49 AM

I did try rebooting after the upgrade, but it's still the same, the drives don't show up! Oh, and by the way, Happy New Year!

George January 1st, 2003 08:31 AM

Did you go into the MTU program and change to Use MTU Installed Divers? Click on Drives, ASPI drivers, make the change, and reboot(it says to exit Microstudio and reenter), I prefer reboot.

George

Mikey Mike January 1st, 2003 03:12 PM

Well I went into the program and changed the drivers and then rebooted but it still doesn't work! I'm getting a little frustrated now. Any more suggestions?

kjzone January 1st, 2003 04:26 PM

Mike.....

If your saying that the program still doesn't see your Drives....
Maybe a Windows Problem......corrupted driver(s).

Sorry don't know how you re-install or check these with XP, I have Win98SE and all I have to do is run SFC (System File Checker)....don't know if XP has this or not. SFC is great or checking on corrupted, changed, or delete files and restoring them.

jim in ohio January 1st, 2003 05:12 PM

Mikey,
Do your Plex's show up in your device manager??

Mikey Mike January 1st, 2003 10:06 PM

Could corrupted driver(s) be the cause even if I can burn perfectly with other programs such as nero or CDRWin, or even clone cd?The only one I'm getting the problems with is microstudio, and since I just paid $15 for the upgrade, it's rather annoying, as you can imagine!

Mikey Mike January 1st, 2003 10:08 PM

And yes, the plexwriters both show up in the device manager! (Sorry, hadn't seen that post)

kjzone January 1st, 2003 10:21 PM

Corrupted Drivers.......Don't think so....only if you were not able to see the CD-Rom Drives in the device manager.

Don't know if you have an ASPILOG.TXT file in XP, but take a look and see if it is "Empty" or is there something in it.

If I remember correctly you said you ran the Aspi Checker and it said your Aspi Layer was not installed properly.

Is this still the case.

If the Aspi Layer isn't working.....don't think the program will work correctly.

Did you every try the FORCE ASPI v1.7 PROGRAM?

George January 1st, 2003 10:29 PM

Maybe this will narrow things down a bit. Try uninstalling 2.400,
re-installing 2.315, and see if the problem is persistant. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do that. If 2.315 works then I think I'd delete 2.400 and try a new download. Make sure to save to disc before installing. You could have gotten a glitch in the download. I know we're grabbing at straws, but something out of the ordinary is happening. Bear in mind all the guys that have been trying to help are using the program successfully.

George