MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Report Hoster 5.02 Problems - CLOSED - See 5.03 (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=12673)

admin July 10th, 2011 07:10 AM

Report Hoster 5.02 Problems - CLOSED - See 5.03

We thank you in advance to ONLY post Video Hoster or Lite 5.02 bugs in this Thread. :w

We released Hoster (and Lite) 5.02 that added 2 new features, 2 upgrades and 9 bug gfixes, including crashing reported in 5.01 in Auto made when a song finished playing in the Playlist.

You can download version 5.02 from http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm

aznetbear July 10th, 2011 11:00 AM

Re: Report Hoster 5.02 Problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznetbear
I know MTU has worked hard on correcting issues that cause hoster to crash, however Hoster still crashes on occasion. Here is what I experienced during one of my shows:

I had just added an Karaoke file to the PLAYLIST and was moving it in proper position in the palylist, when the current playing song ended, the program was attemting to CUE the next singer when the crash occurred.

I run Hoster in AUTO mode and have the PLAYLIST set to "delete after play".

It appears that most of the crashes occur when adding/moving/deleting items in the PLAYLIST. Could this be because Hoster is unable to gain access to the playlist if we(the Host) is updating the playlist or is the multiple updates occurring at the same time to the playlist the issue.

Again, I am extremely pleased with the current version of Hoster and agree that most of the issues have been resolved but, thought this needs mentioning and possibly can be corrected in a future release.

Thanks! Keep up the great work, can't wait for next release with new features.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin
This specific bug was fixed in the just released Version 5.02. You can see this listed as item #5 in http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm#502.

We have disabled version 5.01 from ever being installed again to... yes... force everyone to upgrade to 5.02. It is painless, and 502.06 can install if you have 5.00 installed (install date of April 25, 2011) so EVERYONE with 5.00 can get this bug fix.

All you do is download the installation file from http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm#Downloads. Please upgrade ASAP so you will not experience this crash any longer!

Version 5.02 has 2 new features, 2 changed features and 9 bug fixes.

I have updated to 5.02 and still had the issue. There was no forum for 5.02 problems, thats why I posted to 5.01 problems but changed the title to 5.02 problems:)

TheMusicGeek July 10th, 2011 01:09 PM

5.02 Still Crashes!

I ran my first show with 5.02 last night. About 2 1/2 hours into it Hoster crashed (just like it did with previous versions). One thing I noticed is that prior to crashing the search window would go blank (just a box with white background) and I had to close it and re-open it for each search. Most of the show was DJ with music set to auto play. I would kick it over to manual when a singer wanted to do a song. I don't use BA.

The event viewer shows faulting application Hoster.exe version 5.02.0, time stamp 0x4e13348c, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18327, time stamp 0x4cb7341c, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00030226, process id 0x10cc, application start time 0x01cc3e95dce5b708.

MTUSUPPORT July 12th, 2011 02:10 PM

From your post above, there are several reasons why the ntdll.dll can cause a crash as this.

1) It could be bad hardware or ram.
2) Damaged Windows Files
3) Missing redistributable components

Try #3 first, as it is easiest to fix.

Since you're running 64 Bit Windows 7, download the 64 bit version of Visual Studio 2005 SP1 redistributable Package and install it.

Here is the Link to the 64 bit version:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=18471

For others with 32 bit Windows here is the Link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=5638

Once you download it, click on Run to install the files to your system. You may need to reboot the system after the installation.

Please post back here if this solves Hoster crashing on your computer, so we know. If this does not solve it #1 or #2 should be your fix.

You can also try this FAQ, to see if it may help clean up your computer: http://www.mtu.com/kb/kb/index.php?a...id=115&relid=1

Roy Dennis July 12th, 2011 05:22 PM

One thing that I reported before in one of the beta tests, when connecting a second sound card it doesn't automatically add the volume control in the search dialog, you have to open the Tools/Audio control and click OK before it appears in the search dialog. Similarly when you disconnect the second sound card the volume control still appears even after rebooting computer until you open Tools/Audio control and click OK again.

When it is connected and showing in the search dialog it works as it should.

admin July 13th, 2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Dennis (Post 107878)
One thing that I reported before in one of the beta tests, when connecting a second sound card it doesn't automatically add the volume control in the search dialog, you have to open the Tools/Audio control and click OK before it appears in the search dialog. Similarly when you disconnect the second sound card the volume control still appears even after rebooting computer until you open Tools/Audio control and click OK again.

When it is connected and showing in the search dialog it works as it should.

Roy, thank you for reporting this. The code clearly can work when you use the Tools > Audio command; i.e. there is a "work-around".

I've spec'd to review this, and if we can easily detect the audio card presence or absence, we may be able to show or hide the Search dialog Preview Play controls. However, if this extra detection complicates the code, since there is a work-around, we won't do it.

Deeter July 14th, 2011 02:38 PM

Re: Report Hoster 5.02 Problems- Monitor screen jumbled lyrics

Since version 4.32 through current, the monitor screen for lyrics that is normally docked in the upper left corner of the Hoster interface has been almost constantly jumbled. The splash screen with the song title comes up fine, but as soon as the lyrics start scrolling the screen becomes garbled as the lyrics overprint instead of clearing with each new screen. This occurs if the window is docked in it's default position or undocked.
I'm running the same machine as before- when the problem did not manifest itself in <4.32 versions.
Mac Powerbook running Windows 7 Pro using Bootcamp, 4g RAM and 300g free space on the harddrive. All other programs closed, no virus protection on, and all the MTU changes for W7 done.

Roy Dennis July 22nd, 2011 07:32 AM

I did post this in the beta test section but then thought perhaps it should go hear.
Just found this while testing a zip import: If you import files using the Build database dialog by adding folders or rescanning a folder and later decide to add files via the import hard drive files option, then you list a folder that you previously added by previous method, it still lists all the files even when the "Hide indexed tracks " box is ticked.
Also after deleting a track in the edit dialog, it doesn't delete the record from the Imported files.txt file.
When you import via the Build Songs Database by adding or rescanning folders, does it create a .txt file and if so where ?

Roy Dennis July 22nd, 2011 03:52 PM

After doing further tests with zip file imports via the Build Database/Add folder option. I added a folder with 300 zip files in it and it does not create an imported files .txt file in the folder containing the zip files using this method to import.
All the files play OK but don't know if this affects any thing else other than importing via the import HD Files.

TheMusicGeek August 5th, 2011 01:23 PM

I did a show Tuesday night and hoster shut down twice. Additionally I had some weird issues when using search. Sometimes (usually while adding a file from search) hoster would freeze but the singer display would work fine. The lyrics display on Hoster would stop but the lyrics on the singer display would scroll as normal. Even stayed in sync. I don't know if this is a factor but the song time was off on several songs as well. The song would be over and still show a minute or two left till it kicked over to the next one.

Last week, I tested the memory with both Windows memory check and Memtest 64. I also checked the system files for corruption using sfc /scannow. Neither showed any problems. I also reinstalled the Visual C++ 2005 as suggested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT (Post 107876)
From your post above, there are several reasons why the ntdll.dll can cause a crash as this.

1) It could be bad hardware or ram.
2) Damaged Windows Files
3) Missing redistributable components

Try #3 first, as it is easiest to fix.

Since you're running 64 Bit Windows 7, download the 64 bit version of Visual Studio 2005 SP1 redistributable Package and install it.

Here is the Link to the 64 bit version:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=18471

For others with 32 bit Windows here is the Link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=5638

Once you download it, click on Run to install the files to your system. You may need to reboot the system after the installation.

Please post back here if this solves Hoster crashing on your computer, so we know. If this does not solve it #1 or #2 should be your fix.

You can also try this FAQ, to see if it may help clean up your computer: http://www.mtu.com/kb/kb/index.php?a...id=115&relid=1

admin August 6th, 2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMusicGeek (Post 108125)
I did a show Tuesday night and hoster shut down twice. Additionally I had some weird issues when using search. Sometimes (usually while adding a file from search) hoster would freeze but the singer display would work fine. The lyrics display on Hoster would stop but the lyrics on the singer display would scroll as normal. Even stayed in sync. I don't know if this is a factor but the song time was off on several songs as well. The song would be over and still show a minute or two left till it kicked over to the next one.

Last week, I tested the memory with both Windows memory check and Memtest 64. I also checked the system files for corruption using sfc /scannow. Neither showed any problems. I also reinstalled the Visual C++ 2005 as suggested.

First, thank you for reporting you upgraded the Visual C++ 2005 files MTUSUPPORT suggested. We've been waiting about a month for your response.

I don't think I have ever heard a list of so many problems from one user! :e

Have you re-installed Windows and your Video graphic drivers? I would first suspect these, given all the problems. No one else is reporting these problems with 5.02, which again points to your computer causing the problems, not Hoster.

Understand, I'm not trying to "duck our responsibility", but we don't have anything we can sink our teeth into from your post... especially given no one else is reporting the same problems.

We are now on version 5.03. We have added some fine tuning features in the Search dialog, but our Beta Testers don't report any of your problems either. :?

TheMusicGeek August 6th, 2011 02:11 PM

Sorry I did not report back sooner. I don't do anywhere near as many shows as I used to so I had to wait till I had something to report.

No I have not reinstalled Windows. I see no reason to do that when Hoster is the ONLY program having problems.

I'm not trying to second guess you but this type of behavior seems indicative of a memory leak within the program itself. That would seem logical to as to why it doesn't act up for a couple hours. Of course not knowing how your program handles memory, I may be causing this myself as I usually load 2-4 hour playlists. Additionally my songs.mdb file is 24 MB so maybe I'm just overtaxing Hoster.

I have a very long show today (about 10-12 hours). It's a send off for the local natational guard troops being redeployed. We'll see what happens and I can report back if you wish.

tkelley3 August 7th, 2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

11. FIXED Songs Added By Singers Button Close Hoster - Songs loaded to the playlist using the Singers button dialog would play, but closed Hoster when each finished. Also, they appeared with "Unavailable" Status the next time Hoster ran.
As quoted above, 5.02.07 fixed a bug that I did not have until I went to 5.02.07. My def0002 Playlist file now shows many songs with “unavail” listed. I rebuilt the database, but the songs still say unavail. Many of my other files now show these unavail's as well. I do not want to delete and add them as there are a bunch of them.

ddouglass August 7th, 2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkelley3 (Post 108151)
I read that 5.02.07 fixed a bug that I did not have until I went to 5.02.07. My def0002 file now shows many songs with “unavail” listed. What is the fix to get this off the screen. I did rebuilt the database but the songs still say unavail. Many of my other files now show these unavail's as well.

I cannot play them because they are unavail so they do not close hoster but I do not want to delete and add them as there are a bunch of them.
Not the same as below but close.

11.FIXED Songs Added By Singers Button Close Hoster - Songs loaded to the playlist using the Singers button dialog would play, but closed Hoster when each finished. Also, they appeared with "Unavailable" Status the next time Hoster ran.

Not quite the same.
When and with what version of Hoster were those lists created?
Did they all open and work with versions 5.0 and/or 5.01?

Added: I just checked and I am seeing this too with a test list I use. By re-adding a couple of these they work fine, but should not be coming up with unavailable either, since they were working in 5.01 on mine with none showing unavailable.

tkelley3 August 7th, 2011 04:08 PM

Dale, my playlist was working in 5.0 and 5.1 as well. Yes, I can add them "again" but I am wondering why I should have to add them. When I changed from the D drive to the C drive I understood that Hoster would not find my songs within my saved file lists. I rebuilt the database and added each song...one by one...to my "new" saved list. This took a ton of time but I thought it was worth it as I use my saved lists as play lists when I perform for our veterans and nursing home folks. I did not think the geniuses at MTU would be able to come up with a way to update saved play lists so I have never asked for it. It would be a really nice thing but “really nice” comes at a price. Something has changed within this update and I was just reporting it. :)

admin August 7th, 2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkelley3 (Post 108158)
Dale, my playlist was working in 5.0 and 5.1 as well. Yes, I can add them "again" but I am wondering why I should have to add them. When I changed from the D drive to the C drive I understood that Hoster would not find my songs within my saved file lists. I rebuilt the database and added each song...one by one...to my "new" saved list. This took a ton of time but I thought it was worth it as I use my saved lists as play lists when I perform for our veterans and nursing home folks. I did not think the geniuses at MTU would be able to come up with a way to update saved play lists so I have never asked for it. It would be a really nice thing but “really nice” comes at a price. Something has changed within this update and I was just reporting it. :)

We'll take a look at this.

Can you zip and attach one of your .hst playlist file that shows "Unavail"? If so, please also count down from the topmost song and list 5-10 by number position in the playlist (#1=topmost, #2=second down, etc.). We can analyze this and maybe see what is wrong.

tkelley3 August 8th, 2011 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have zip'ed the file def0002.hst. I do not understand how you want me to ID the listed songs. In hoster the unavail songs on this list are starting from the top song: #1, #2, #5, #10, #11, #12. thanks for looking into this.

TheMusicGeek August 8th, 2011 02:22 PM

Update on Saturdays show. Almost exactly at the 2 hour mark a song started to stutter. The scroller stopped and hoster froze (not responding) but did not shut down. After 30 seconds to a minute hoster would catch up so to speak and continue just fine. This happened several times throughout the night. Quite often when adding a song from search or changing the search from Karaoke to Audio or Video (or visaversa).

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMusicGeek (Post 108147)
Sorry I did not report back sooner. I don't do anywhere near as many shows as I used to so I had to wait till I had something to report.

No I have not reinstalled Windows. I see no reason to do that when Hoster is the ONLY program having problems.

I'm not trying to second guess you but this type of behavior seems indicative of a memory leak within the program itself. That would seem logical to as to why it doesn't act up for a couple hours. Of course not knowing how your program handles memory, I may be causing this myself as I usually load 2-4 hour playlists. Additionally my songs.mdb file is 24 MB so maybe I'm just overtaxing Hoster.

I have a very long show today (about 10-12 hours). It's a send off for the local natational guard troops being redeployed. We'll see what happens and I can report back if you wish.

Deeter August 8th, 2011 02:43 PM

Is there anything set in your screensaver or power settings where the display, or hard drive, or system goes into standby or sleep mode at 2 hours? Or did the 2 hours happen to be coincidentally at the time a virus scan was scheduled to run?

TheMusicGeek August 8th, 2011 02:49 PM

None of the above. Virus scan is disabled during shows and power settings are set to preformance with no sleep or standby. It always seems to start with Hoster after about 2 hours of use. Probably just coincidence.