MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Hoster Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   v541.05 - Importing to BIN (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=14302)

gd123 April 19th, 2017 12:29 PM

v541.05 - Importing to BIN

3 Attachment(s)
Ive attached 3 JPGs.

When importing files to BIN that use the DEFINE ORDER that would include the &this, the TITLES DO NOT populate the column properly.

The attached JPGs show that, in the first group, as in ZPCP2017-1-01, if a TITLE starts with the letter I, anything following the I is left off. This is what I first noticed. Re-looking at JPG#1 also shows I had more of a problem than just the songs beginning with the letter I.

And, I found that all the TITLES of the 2nd group of songs, as in ZPCP2017-2-01, etc., were ALL truncated...unless, of course, the song only had one word in the TITLE.

To Outsmart, it seems, defective programming, I RENAMED to GET RID of the &this, as in ZPCP2017-01 thru, in this case, ZPCP2017-59.

JPG #3 shows ALL TITLES populating correctly when the DEFINE ORDER doesnt use the &this.

dclark April 19th, 2017 01:53 PM

Re: v541.05 - Importing to BIN

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your Define Field Order panel? (The one that causes the truncation)

gd123 April 19th, 2017 01:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, to prove the above was happening, I tried importing some Chartbusters, as in Cbe8-01-01, where the &this would be used and to my surprise, the TITLES populated correctly (see JPG #1).

So, what did I do to get the anomaly?

On the OLD versions of Hoster, when defining the FIELD ORDER, where &this is used, we had to add a PERIOD to END the order. From habit, and not running across &this Song Groups very often, I selected the PERIOD in the last field box. (See JPG #2)

Upon clicking APPLY and returning to the IMPORT screen, the FIELDS and SEPARATORS box was still PINK, meaning the DEFINE ORDER was NOT correct. (See JPG #3)

Going back to the DEFINE ORDER screen, I removed the PERIOD from the last box and clicked APPLY.

Upon returning to the IMPORT SCREEN, the FIELDS and SEPARATORS box was NOT PINK, meaning the DEFINE ORDER was correct and ready to ADD FILES. (See JPG #4)

Upon ADDING FILES, TITLES are truncated. (See JPG #5)

It seems that, once the PERIOD is added to the last DEFINE FIELD ORDER BOX, opening and closing Hoster will NOT correct the anomaly.

The only thing that corrected the problem was to select a different field order. I selected one of the predefined standard FIELD ORDERS.

Then, went back to DEFINE FIELD ORDER for &this without adding a PERIOD and all Song TITLES populated correctly.

If, when using the &this, the LAST BOX is not needed, then it should not be there.

So to duplicate the problem I experienced, do this:
1. Open Import Screen and choose KMA BIN.
2. Open File Folder to select &This BIN files.
3. Open Define Field Order Box and select &this format including SELECTING the PERIOD in the LAST BOX on the right and click APPLY.
4. Click on DEFINE FIELD ORDER to modify and make the LAST BOX in the order BLANK and click APPLY.

5. Click ADD FILES.
6. See song TITLES Truncated.

To further test.
Leave the DEFINE ORDER as is, Close and Open Hoster. Return to the Import Screen. Add &this BIN FOLDER. Add FILES to Import. See TITLES still Truncated.

dclark April 19th, 2017 02:24 PM

My first guess at the primary culprit is that you are leaving a blank character in one of the separator fields.

Go into each field and make sure there is nothing there. Press the Delete and the Backspace keys on your keyboard several times in each field that you expect to be empty (i.e. not used), and then try again.

gd123 April 19th, 2017 04:52 PM

Do you understand what it means when files get successfully added to the TRACK LIST WINDOW?

It means that you were successful in DEFINING THE FIELD ORDER.

Otherwise, Hoster would NOT have allowed Tracks to be added to the TRACK LIST WINDOW.

So, how is it that you ask if I have a Blank character in one of the FIELD SEPARATORS?

Why not just follow the instructions on how to duplicate the PROBLEM?

Oh, and by the way, the LAST FIELD SEPARATOR to the RIGHT MUST REMAIN BLANK in order for the &this to work correctly with the TRACK LIST WINDOW. That is the POINT. The LAST FIELD SEPARATOR MAY BE USER DEFINED when there is NO need to DEFINE it in the newer version of Hoster.

Reason for interacting the LAST SEPARATOR BOX:
For instance, Cbe8-01-01 - Artist - Title.bin has a PERIOD at the END of the TITLE but BEFORE BIN, as in TITLEdotBIN.

So, TECHNICALLY, there IS another character to define so that Hoster would know the END of what you are DEFINING.

The OLD versions of HOSTER 3.3xx versions REQUIRED the FINAL Separator Box to have a PERIOD before Hoster would accept that the DEFINE FIELD ORDER was correct.

So, now, the Newer versions of Hoster, actually allows a USER to interact with that BOX and, IF YOU DO, when you click APPLY, Hoster shows the Fields and Separators Window in PINK meaning that you still have not been successful in defining the FIELD ORDER.

Now, you have to go back to DEFINE FIELD ORDER to see what is wrong, and, of course, the ONLY thing that is possibly not correct is the PERIOD in the Last Box.

Now you simply make that BOX Blank, hit APPLY to return to the IMPORT WINDOW and you will see that the Fields & Separators Box is BLACK, meaning success on DEFINING THE FIELD ORDER.

Unfortunately with this &this scenario, if a USER has ALREADY interacted with that LAST SEPARATOR box by SELECTING a PERIOD, and, then, subsequently changes that LAST SEPARATOR Box BACK TO A BLANK, Hoster will malfunction when adding the TITLES to the TRACK LIST WINDOW.

dclark April 19th, 2017 05:03 PM

Hoster automatically removes the extension of any file name (e.g. .mpg, .bin, .zip, etc.) before parsing the fields. Therefore, you do not need to include the period in the final separator field.

Any character in a separator field (including a blank character) will be matched in parsing the file name. This is why only the first word of each song title is appearing. Once it finds the blank character, Hoster stops parsing.

Making sure that the final separator field is completely empty will solve your issue. An empty separator field will not match anything, and therefore the entire title will be found and used.

gd123 April 19th, 2017 08:30 PM

LOL

You, obviously, don\'t have a clue.

So, let\'s say I\'m doing a search on TITLE and I type something where Hoster can\'t find what I typed.

Hoster comes back and gives a message to that effect.

Then, I type correctly but Hoster comes back and ONLY gives the FIRST WORD of each match.

Then, I type a problem in this forum to that effect and: Your \"logic\" is to say I should have typed correctly in the FIRST PLACE.

Choosing FIELD SEPARATORS is a USER function.

If one gets it wrong, ONE \"experiments\" until Hoster says it is CORRECT.

Experimenting, by nature, means to SELECT and RE-SELECT if the \"SELECTION\" is WRONG.

Not that, by virtue of a WRONG SELECTION, Hoster malfunctions and doesn\'t RETURN the correct information to the LIST TRACK WINDOW.

Get it?

Roy Dennis April 20th, 2017 05:41 AM

Dave, I think that what gd123 is trying to point out is that it showed as if it was correct before adding the files, Not in Pink with the message (The selected field does not match). I can confirm that entering a blank space in that last field is what causes the truncated field.
The problem here for Dave the programmer as I see it is, up to that point it does match the field order, there might be a case where you want to enter a blank to define a field as I have in the past although not in that last field, so to make that report back as an error would be a problem if you intentionally entered a space.
I think although it might report back as correct you just have to accept that it can be tricked, the final result is seen after pressing the add button before importing so you do still know something is wrong before importing.

dclark April 20th, 2017 09:19 AM

Roy is correct. Just because Hoster can successfully parse the selected file name and fill in the fields (i.e. not pink) does not mean that the parsing is what you ultimately want.