MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   Songverter Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Songverter murdered my files (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=9562)

jahern December 11th, 2007 12:59 PM

Songverter murdered my files

I had a situation where I had sonverter change the bins in the folder to wave/cdg then change the wave/cdg to zip. After it finished doing that folder, I went to work with the next folder and my computer restarted.

I got a microsoft message which I clicked off then went to work on the next folder. In a split second Sonverter reduced my 18 bin files to 1 or 0 Kb files that of course did not work. I thought that maybe my folder had something wrong to start with so I did the next folder. Once again the killing started. It took about 3 seconds to kill 18 bin files. The useless files created had cdg and wav extensions

After I shut off the computer and started up again I asked Songverter, very nicely, to do the next folder. It did it without a problem.

Not sure what was going on with Microsoft Windows but if anything similar happens I'm going to reboot a couple of times before letting a killer loose!.:e

madjim- with the Lord December 11th, 2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahern (Post 68477)
I had a situation where I had sonverter change the bins in the folder to wave/cdg then change the wave/cdg to zip.

Just curious, why didn't you just convert bin files to a zip format? See if leaving the middle conversion out gives you better results.

I Hope This Helps!

Jim :g

ddouglass December 11th, 2007 05:01 PM

On top of what Jim said, try not deleting the originals (make sure button is not red). That way it will make the conversion into a new file rather than overwriting the old.
Even when I move files on the computer I always copy them to the new location, verify they are there and then delete the original location. Saves a lot of frustration.

jahern December 11th, 2007 08:10 PM

In response to Jim. For some reason on the laptop that I use, any songverter processed wma based file plays funny . Tic Tic Tic... after about 20 seconds into the song. If I create wma converted by other programs, then they play OK. So the Wave cdg's get processed into wma by another program. (I want wma cdg for high fidelity compressed files. I wanted to use KMA, wma based, but only Sonverter converts to them from other files. ) I want the zips because they play with other programs. So far Sonverter hasn't been the best buy for me

madjim- with the Lord December 14th, 2007 11:30 AM

I never use the .wma file format :f so I may not be much help here, sorry. Songverter is MTU's newest program. It will do nothing but get better! :c

Jim :g