MTU.Community

MTU.Community (http://forum.mtu.com/index.php)
-   KPro Studio and KHPro Help (http://forum.mtu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Changes To CD-G Songs? (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=13680)

Mike Southern September 29th, 2014 03:30 PM

Changes To CD-G Songs?

I have used KHPro to make quite a few songs. However, what I need to do now is take an existing CD-G and alter it. I have several CG-G's that were manufactured with errors. Some have wrong words and some have words that are not hi-lited correctly. That is they show words being featured out of sinc with the song. It is a waste of timeto get any of those errors corrected by the manufacturer so I would like to correct them myself. If I could get the music portion by itself in KHPro I can do the words part myself. How can I get the music into KHPro by itself? Thanks!:)

Roy Dennis September 29th, 2014 04:40 PM

Re: Changes To CD-G Songs?

You can't alter an existing CDG, what you can do is rip the individual track from it to get the music track from it first.
You should be able to do this using windows media player as you only want the music track and not the lyrics. It might depend how old your KHpro is but if you rip the disc to an mp3 file then you can import that as your music track then add your own lyrics as usual. As stated on the first line you wont be able to add the finished track to the original disc.

If you have Microstudio you could import all the tracks using that then write all the tracks to a new disc but swap your updated track with the bad one. That way you would have replaced the whole disc. Only thing is it won't copy the Title & credit pages.

Mike Southern September 30th, 2014 09:18 AM

Thanks. I do understand that I can't make any changes to the CD-G. I am trying to get the song into my Windows Media Player and it ignores my request. I have most of my karaoke songs in a harddrive. I'll dig my CD-G's back out and try it from there. Thanks again.:?

Roy Dennis September 30th, 2014 02:01 PM

From your first post I assumed all your music was on CD+G.
If you already have the files ripped to your hard drive then all you really need is to find the file you are trying to alter and just add the mp3 part to into your KHPro.

If the file is in a zip format, Windows media player won't be able to play it, and KHpro won't be able to load it until you unzip it.

You can unzip it by right clicking on the zip file and choose Extract All, it will then open them as a pair of files an mp3 and a cdg, just load the extracted mp3 file into KHpro.

Mike Southern September 30th, 2014 02:58 PM

Sorry, I seem to have a bad habit of thinking everyone already knows what I'm talking about. I may have beaten the problem 'the long way'. I took my Sound Choice CD-G and recorded the one song I'm working on to my laptop. That DOESN'T have karaoke on it so it recorded it as a .wav file. I then transferred that to my desktop that DOES have MTU. So now I am about to combine the music and text into a karaoke version. If this doesn't work, I'll go back and try it your way. Thanks Again!:g